Luka's Dream

Sass had three hours to connect with Luka's subconscious before the nightmare started. And because they connected really well, this was plenty of time for Sass. Sass was determined that Luka's nightmare this time was going to end up being a fantastic dream.

'Luka!.....Luka!'
Luka's dream began and he heard Marinette's voice.

'Help me!' her voice pleaded to him.
'Marinette!' Luka called out. 'Hold on, I'm coming!'

He was surprised to find that this time he could actually move!

'Yes! I can move!' he thought.
'I'm coming to save you Marinette!' he called out as he ran towards the sound of her voice.

As he ran he felt a tingling sensation on his wrist and he looked down.

He gasped. 'The snake miraculous?' he said in amazement. Then he heard Sass' voice.
'Massster Luka! Good to sssee you again!'

Luka turned to see Sass floating beside him.

'Sass!' he exclaimed happily. 'So good to see you again too! It's been a while!'

'You'll be ssseeing a lot more of me I imagine. I'm here to help you conquer your nightmare'

'Sounds great Sass! I need all the help I can get! In fact...Sass, scales slither!'
Luka transformed himself into Viperion.

'Viperion is coming to save you Marinette! Keep yelling so I can find you!'
'Yes, save me!' Marinette's voice called out to him.

Viperion played his lyre as he ran and the path lit up with the direction he should go.

'The music is getting louder, you're almost there!' Marinettes' voice called out.

Viperion rounded a corner and came upon a stone room with a figure tied up on a back wall. He activated his second chance on his bracelet just in case.

'Help me!' Marinette's voice called out from the back of the room.
'I'm coming Marinette!'

He came closer as his eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room as the figure came into view.

'L...Ladybug?' he said confused. 'Where's Marinette?'

'She's okay, just get me out of this before-'

Suddenly Hawkmoth came and knocked him out of the way.

'Hawkmoth!' Viperion hissed. 'I swear if you've done anything to Marinette I will hunt you down for as long as I live!'

'Now why would I care about your silly little love interest while my prize has walked right into my trap?' Hawkmoth replied with an evil smirk.

He trapped Viperion in chains coming up from the floor, one on each leg and one with his hands together behind his back and walked back over to Ladybug.

'No!' Ladybug cried out as she struggled.

Viperion watched in horror as Hawkmoth removed Ladybug's earrings and she detransformed right in front of them.

Viperion gasped. 'Marinette...' he said in shock.

'Marinette Dupein-Chang! At last the mystery behind the mask is revealed! And your miraculous is finally mine!' Hawkmoth said with an evil smile.

'Not if I can help it! Second chance!' Viperion said as he was able to move his bracelet back as his hands were still together behind his back.

It took him back to when he first walked into the stone room.

'Help me!' he heard Ladybug's voice again.
'I'm coming!' He ran over to untie her quickly
knowing full well that Hawkmoth would be there any second if he didn't.

'Thank you Viperion!' Ladybug said gratefully.

Hawkmoth appeared and started fighting Viperion but Viperion ducked and weaved out of the way of his punches.

'You freed her! I was so close to getting her miraculous!' Hawkmoth cried out.

'You're never going to get her miraculous, you evil monster!' Viperion hissed back at him.

Ladybug used her yo-yo to tie him up so he couldn't move.

Hawkmoth was now helpless. 'NO!' He cried out.

'You lose Hawkmoth!' Ladybug said triumphantly.

'In fact, let's see who YOU are behind the mask!' Viperion said reaching for the butterfly brooch.

'NO!' Hawkmoth cried out.

But before he could, everything went white and the dream ended and Luka awoke, back in his cabin. It was 5am.

Luka smiled. He felt so much more refreshed. He stretched his arms out in front of him as he laid in his bed. Then he looked at his wrist and gasped.

'The snake miraculous?' he thought to himself, confused. 'I thought it was just a dream.' Then he heard a voice.

'Good morning massster Luka. I trussst you sslept well.'

'Sass!' Luka replied. 'You're really here! I thought it was all just a wonderful dream! Unless I am still dreaming.'

Sass laughed. 'No, I'm really here!' he replied.  But...how? Why?' Luka asked.

Sass told Luka all about the ancient legend of the nightmares being a consequence of when the bond between the ladybug and snake miraculous holders is at its strongest. That because he wasn't the permanent holder of the snake miraculous there wasn't any protection from the nightmares.

'You had to conquer your nightmare Luka' Sass replied. 'And you did that with flying coloursss. Thisss was the only way.' He smiled at Luka. 'I think if you ponder on it, you can guesss the how.'

Luka smiled. 'Marinette...'
He looked out his window and placed his hand over his heart.

'Sass, that dream,' Luka began. 'It...revealed something...'

'What's been ssseen cannot be unssseen.'
Sass replied with a smile. 'That sssecret was the one thing that wasss keeping you both apart. But your dream also ssshowed you the consssequence of Hawkmoth finding out Ladybug'sss identity. But you proved to me that you are capable of keeping that sssecret. Not that I ever doubted you for a minute.' Sass smiled at Luka.

'Thanks Sass. That means a lot.' Luka replied with a smile.

'Asss of now you are the permanent holder of the sssnake miraculousss. The only othersss that are to know your miraculousss identity are Marinette Dupein-Chang and Alya Cesaire. Under no circumstancesss should you reveal your identity to anyone elssse. Do I have your word?' Sass looked at Luka with a serious expression.

'Absolutely Sass. You have my word that I will not reveal my identity to anyone else.' Luka replied.

'Wonderful' Sass replied. 'Oh, by the way, I admire your tenacity Massster, trying to reveal Hawkmoth's identity. But there are ssome things even us Kwamis have yet to find out. So if I don't know, how can you?' Sass smiled at Luka.
'Worth a try anyway.' he giggled in reply.