5| Hanabi Taikai

Y/N was currently walking, a sort of pleasant look on his face. While he wasn't necessarily annoyed by the area he was in, he was really annoyed by the amount of people there were.

Standing next to him was the blue-haired goddess herself, a small blush on her face as she awkwardly messed with some of her bangs. There was one thought that went through their heads.

'Why did we go through with this plan?'

Back tracking to the beginning of the day, Y/N awoke as normal. There was about a week left of summer vacation before they went back in for school and it had been a month since the beach trip.

Since then, Y/N had not received a single message nor call from Saki. Y/N himself wasn't sure why he was so eager to receive an message or a call. He did admit to himself, he was now attracted to the girl, despite not knowing a lot about her, but he did like the shy side of hers. How she'd blush when she would ask him a question of anything really.

As the oldest Shiozaki sibling was cooking breakfast for his younger sister and himself, his mother having left the house early for work, his phone rings. Not bothering to check the ID number, he answers the call anyway.

"Y/N Shiozaki here."

"H-Hey...", a nervous voice came from through the phone's speaker.

"Kawasaki-san?"

"Y-Yeah." Saki clears her throat, "S-So you know how I said I'd call you if I had something in mind to pay you back, r-right?"

"Mm-hm. I do remember something going like that about a month ago. Why? Thought of something?"

"Y-Yep. S-So you know about th-that firework festival later this evening, right?"

"Uh, yeah. Akari has been on the fritz about that lately. What's up?", Y/N asks with slight curiousness.

"S-So you know where this is going, right?"

Y/N smiles and rolls his eyes, "Yes, I'll go with you if you want, Kawasaki-san. That's if...that's if you're asking that."

"Pr-Pretty much what I was going to ask. O-Okay then. See you later this evening."

Saki then ends the call, her last few words filled with nervousness. Y/N let out a small chuckle, him going back to his work before he turned around, a smug Akari leaning against the counter top.

"What?", Y/N asks, clearly annoyed.

"Someone's got a date.~", Akari says, teasing her older brother.

"Keep talking and I'll whack you with this frying pan."

"Aw, come on.~ You didn't deny it, Nii-chan! ...H-Hey, wh-what are you raising that frying pan up for...?"

"I told you, didn't I?"

"H-Hang on! Th-There's still stuff on it! Y-You know, hot oil and bacon on it!"

"Ah, don't worry. It won't be a problem because I have the perfect plate to put it on."

"N-Nii-san, let's talk about this," Akari says, sweat dropping.

Y/N, however, only kept a straight face before he raised the frying pan even higher before he started to chase after her. Akari's screams of terror could be heard throughout the neighborhood.

Present Day...

Back to the present, Saki and Y/N were walking through the festival, the fireworks haven't been launched yet. Y/N looks to the blue-haired girl and eyes her outfit. She wore a nice kimono, the primary color being white with purple, blue, and orange flower patterns, along with an orange sash.