18| Unfortunate Christmas

Normally, I would release this chapter around Christmas time, but I'd end up putting this book on hold for a few weeks to make this chapter, but that'd be too long and would prolong the plans for the next upcoming book that'll come after this.

But technically, this chapter is still following the storyline, so around this time, it would be the month of December during the anime. So during this time, the Service Club are planning the event and stuff. Anyway, hope you all enjoy it. 

---

Soon after the incident that happened at school, Y/N entered his room and found Saki curled up into a ball, her back leaning up against the headboard for the bed and her head buried in her knees. 

Y/N sat down next to her and wrapped an arm around her, letting her head rest on his shoulder.

"Hey... You okay?"

Saki looks up at him with a slightly pissed off look. "You're asking me if I'm 'okay'? I should be asking you that! That crazy bitch literally stabbed you in the shoulder and your side."

"It's not the first I've been in fights. Besides, I've been through worse, anyway," Y/N says with a sigh.

"Like what?"

"Chelsea had quite a bit of lackeys, or dogs she called them back at our old school. I would get into plenty of fights with them. Some of them brought brass knuckles, a few knives, so I've been beaten and cut up plenty of times. One of them had even brought a gun to the school and pointed it against my head. But thanks to my dad teaching me, and the dumbass didn't know about the safety functions, he wasn't able to fire it. I disarmed him and then beat their asses again."

"That's..."

"Shitty childhood? Eh, if you want to call it that. I lived in Brooklyn, New York at the time. It was kinda normal there, so it's not really that big of a deal to me."

Saki raises and eyebrow. "So, it's kind of normal to you that everyday could possibly be the end of your life? I don't buy it."

"Well, you had to start somewhere. Growing up, dad had me learn defensive techniques and such so I can not only defend myself, but also my mom and my sister."

"If you knew how to defend yourself, then why didn't you beat her up like with all the other guys you were just telling me about... Why'd you take the blow for me?"

His blue eyes look into her pigeon blue eyes herself, Y/N simply admiring them before he sighed as he closed his eyes. He brought her closer to her, Saki leaning more into his chest as she could hear his steady heartbeat.

"My body just...kind of moved on it's own. I just... Didn't want to see you hurt, you know?"

Saki sighed with hints of sadness. "But in doing so, you got yourself hurt. I nearly thought you were going to die. What if we didn't get to your mom in time? I mean, what if Yuzu hadn't come and--"

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't think about stuff like that. Besides, if I were to drop dead in front of my mom, she'd bring me back alive and kill me herself. ...Her words, not mine."

The blueish-haired girl giggled lightly before she frowned again. Y/N could tell she was still thinking of such thoughts. To take her out of those thoughts, Y/N gently took her hand with his own, causing the girl to look up at him.

"Aside from 'bringing me back alive to killing me herself,' as my mom has said, she's the best I know there is as she's patched up wounds I've had before real well. But, that's not what I mean to say. My point is, I'd take any hit for you. Whether be a bullet or a knife, I'd take it for you. To me, your life is more important than my own. I wouldn't know what I'd do without you."