Picture Perfect

"And Newt get that stain off your shirt it's picture day!" Newt looked down at the purple stain on his sleeve and frowned.

It's hardly noticeable

"I know honey but this is for Tina's desk and you wanna look nice for that don't you?" Newt just murmured a garbled response, deciding to completely avoid everyone else's eyes at the table, especially Tinas. Queenie had decided that the last Saturday of January was going to be the day they compile the photo for Tina's desk and despite the aforementioned Aurors protests Queenie felt that it had to be perfect.

She had already sent Tina back upstairs to change into a more formal blouse and transfigured Jacobs tie to match the light pink silk dress she had decided to wear for the occasion.  Newt knew she wanted these photos to be nice (so did Newt as the only photo he had of Tina was the one of them asleep and that was a rather intimate one to have of a friend)  but as he tried to aim his wand at the purple stain his arm kept wobbling. His frustration was increasing until a pale hand grabbed hold of his wriggling arm and another hand pointed a wand at the stain.

"Erado" Tina muttered and the stain floated off as purple smoke. He looked up to her and she smiled before saying "There now you look clean and handsome". There was a beat when she realised what she had said and her face became heavily laden with blushing. Newt flushed red as well but managed to raise his eyes to look at her face as he murmured

"You look pretty beautiful yourself"

"Aww ain't you two sweet" Queenie cooed fluffing her hair out slightly as she looked between them.

"Yeah" Jacob chuckled before continuing "Well where do we wanna do these?"

"I dunno sweetheart" Queenie sighed pensively before perking her head up towards Newt

"That's a great idea honey!" Newt flicked his head up to meet her eye line. Jacob and Tina looked at the pair questioningly and Queenie filled in the gaps.

"We're doing the photos in the basement!" She declared before walking towards the basement with everyone following.

Once they reached the bottom of the stairs Queenie turned expectantly to Newt and he rolled his eyes.

"I know a place" he then led them to a point where several habitats merged with a bench at the centre then said "Wait here" and disappeared into the trees. Five minutes later he returned with Pickett on his shoulder, an occamy being carried by Dougal at his feet and an arm full of nifflers.

"I thought the creatures that w-were the reason w-we met seemed-"

"I love it!" Queenie exclaimed and Tina smiled at him in approval. Tina took the occamy and sat down on the bench with Queenie following holding the baby Nifflers. Jacob took Dougal into his arms and once the Demiguise was secure he walked to stand beside the bench next to Queenie, resting one hand on her shoulder. Newt followed suit and went to stand beside where Tina was sat with Pickett on his shoulder and the Niffler who started it all in his arms.

Queenie checked to see that they were all looking acceptable before levitating the camera in front of them.

"Alright everyone Smile!" The camera clicked to signify it had started capturing and everyone smiled slightly uncomfortably and lifted their creatures up. It clicked again and everyone relaxed and began to chat. Newt lost his awkward 'photo grimace' and turned to talk to Tina, Jacob looked more at them and laughed and Queenie giggled while puffing out her hair. The legilimens then waved her wand twice but no one noticed as the Niffler in Newts arms dove for Tina's necklace only to be caught by Tinas free arm. They all staggered back slightly at the movement and Newt had only just caught himself on the bench meaning his face was inches from Tinas. Nobody moved in fear of losing the last of their balance and falling on each other until they heard a quiet click. Queenie jumped up from her seat and handed Newt the nifflers before skipping towards the camera that had two developed photos floating beside it instead of one.