Reyna Copulas

"Ew, more make out couples, "I grouch, snatching a potato chip. 'do they like slobber all over their skin? They're like animals, "I take a sip of beer, simultaneously scanning the crowd. There are masses of food and drinks near the kitchen, which is totally trashed, There are mobs of drunken and high teenagers violently bashing together under the strobe and disco lights. Outside, towering speakers surround an enormous pool, which sits next to a hot tub. In the front. an extravagant showcase of lights illuminates the Italian style porch, completer with white fencing and intertwining vines.

Here, in my loose dress, flats, and fake jewellery, I try to understand these people. Why hit on drunken strangers who probably have herpes. Why stand in the hallways, sucking face with someone in the hope of getting 'lucky' and contracting a case of 'dirty rumours'?

Why am I here, you may ask? I'm here because my best friend, Maren, begged me to come with her. 'I don't know, Rey' she admits, sipping a cocktail. 'can you try to enjoy tonight? Look, that guy over there is looking at you'

I glanced to where Maren nods. A man with dark blond hair that sweeps his left coolly leans on the  wall, He's looking at everyone, Maren', I grumble, finishing up my drink

'NO!', she protests, shaking her head of blonde hair that's dyed blue at the ends. "Just you." I look back over and makes eye contact. He flashes the tiniest of smiles.

I blush and look at the floor, pushing strands of dark hair with natural light highlights behind my ear. 'Maybe,' I agree. But when I looked up, he's gone. 'But then again maybe not.'
I set my empty bottle on the snack table and straighten up. 'Maren, it's midnight. I think it's time to go home. Maren happens to be my ride for tonight. Usually, she's reliable. Her only kryptonite is attention from guys, "Maren?"

'Oh. just a little longer, Reyna,' Maren begs, smiling shyly at a football jock. His hands creep from her arm and to her waist, 'Maybe an hour......' the hand goes a little lower than her waist,'..... or two.'
I sigh and roll my grey eyes, trying not to display as annoyed as I really feel, 'Alright, call me when you are ready.'

Maren does not respond, but I know that she heard me. I sigh, pluck another chip from the bowl, and walk out to the front. The lights provide me with the shining faces of a group of friends who calls my name. 'Reyna! Come over here.'

I walk over to a small quad of friends. What? You thought that, because I did not understand the "thrill" of a party, that I was the social recluse who had but a single friend?
Oh, I'm personally hurt at your stereotypical person.

 "Hey, guys," I introduce. Allister, Della, Makai, and Hanzo sit on white rocking benches and chairs. On the white fence that borders the porch, Makai sits and keeps the crowd laughing.

 "Rey!" Makai cheers, Hawaiian skin offering a great contrast to the white area."Welcome to the party." "I've been at the party for hours," I argue, sitting next to Makai and kicking my sandals off, crossing my feet at the ankles.

 "Well, you are now entering the twilight zone," Makai teases, tipping a bottle of beer my way and taking a sip. "So," Allister speaks up. Allister is the school's Golden Girl – the luscious blonde curls, the sky blue eyes, the perfect tan skin and the grand circle of friends.

 "Are you actually enjoying yourself for once?" I chuckle and shake my head, hair falling in my face again. "Not a chance." "Well, you're here with us," Hanzo protests. 

Hanzo, being a dark-skinned, barrel-built guy. He's rather stoic but he's got an easy-going spirit. "Yeah," I shrug, nodding my head and looking at the lawn. It's bright green with fertilizer and shrouded in shade from the orderly planted trees.