Chapter 18: Meeting the Parents

"Calm down, Jo. It's gonna be fine." Nik told me while grabbing my hand. I hadn't realized that I'd been wringing my hands. We were currently standing in the foyer together. His parents were arriving at any moment. "I told you already. They're going to love you."

"I know, I know." I said, mustering a smile. "I'm just not used to this kind of thing."

He didn't have time to respond because the doors finally opened. His mother walked in first with the biggest smile. Most of her hair was black except for some silver streaks. His father stepped in behind her, his hair more silver than black. They both moved gracefully together. His mother walked straight up to me with her arms open.

"You must be Johanna. My name is Addison." She said, pulling me in for a hug. "I am so happy Nik has found his mate."

"Don't hog her, Addy. I'd like to meet my new daughter." Her husband said, laughing. We pulled back and I turned to him. "I'm Isaiah. It is so nice to meet you."

"It's an honor to meet you both." I said with a smile. All my worries melted away as I stood there with them. I was about to say something else but Ella came bursting into the foyer.

"Mom! Dad!" She said as she plowed into both of them. They all laughed as they hugged and second later, Nik wrapped his arms around all of them. I turned away from their private moment and noticed Luka standing a few feet away.

"Ella gets excited about everything, doesn't she?" I asked as I walked up to him. He smiled and looked at them all standing there.

"You have no idea." He replied, chuckling quietly. "You know, I'm glad you're here. Not just for Nik but for Ella too."

I smiled at that, thinking about how close we became since living here. She'd become more than just my friend. She was my sister now.

"I also enjoy having you and Jeriah here too." He said, nodding at my little brother, who was peaking around the corner. "That little boy is so special and has become a big part of this family."

"Thanks, Luka. I really appreciate it." I said, bumping my shoulder with his. "You guys are good with him. I think he'll have a happy life here."

"You both will. You'll be an amazing queen." He said, walking up to greet Niks parents. They both hugged him and I laughed as Addison fussed over him. Then she turned and noticed Jeriah standing there.

"And who is this handsome little one?" She said, stepping a little closer to him and squatting down. He shied away for a second and then stopped. "Is this the little Jeriah we've heard so much about?"

"Yes this is my little brother." I said when he didn't speak. I walked up to both of them and motioned for him to come out.

"Well you are the cutest little thing. Nik told me all about you." Addison said, getting a little closer to him. "I heard that you like cars."

"Yes ma'am." He said in a quiet voice. "Nik got me a car bed and some toy cars to play with."

"I heard about that. And since Nik told me all about it, I have a little surprise for you." She said, holding out her hand. "It's in the car. Do you wanna go get it."

He nodded and took her hand timidly. She walked him up to Isaiah and introduced them. Jeriah gave him a small smile and together, the three of them walked outside. Nik kissed me on the top of the head and put his arm around my waist.

"I told her all about you, Jeriah, and even Skylar. When she heard about Jeriah, she saw an opportunity to be able to spoil a little one." He said, walking us towards the door. "She's worse than I am. There's no telling what she got him."

"Well I love them already." I said as we stepped out the door. Jeriah and Niks parents walked around to the trunk and opened it up. Jeriah peaked in and squealed loudly. We went to join them and see what it was.

Inside the trunk was several boxes. One was far larger than the others. The biggest one had a picture of a racetrack on it. The thing was gonna be huge. All the little boxes were toy cars and clothes in his size. Jeriah hugged them both and started pulling boxes out. We all laughed and started helping him carry it all in.