Chapter 11 - Flying Lessons, the Three Headed Dog, and explanations

Percy POV

We were now at Flying Class, which was taught by Madam Hooch. 

If Zeus was seeing this, he would probably try to blast me out of the sky. 

Even if he was seeing this, he couldn't do anything. 

If that arrogant king of Olympus even tried, I would react with twice as much fury. 

They betrayed me, didn't they?

We were in two lines, one for Gryffindor, and one for Slytherin. 

Hooch came down the line. She had short hair and yellow eyes. 

"Good afternoon, class." 

"Good afternoon, Madan Hooch."

"Good afternoon. Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, up!" She exclaimed. 

We all said; "Up!" 

After Harry and I said up, our brooms immediately flew into our hands. 

Hermione stared at the two of us as the class continued. 

"Up!" Draco said, and his broom flew into his hand. He grinned smugly. 

"With feeling!" Madam Hooch said. 

"Up. Up. Up. Up." Hermione said, as her broom was slowly rising towards her hand. 

"Up!" Ron exclaimed. The broom immediately flew up and whacked him on the nose. 

I laughed. 

"Shut up, Percy."

"Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end."

We all mounted our broomsticks. 

"When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle...3...2...1..."

She blew the whistle. 

However, Neville's broomstick somehow lifted him off the ground. He looked very frightened. 

"Oh."

"We're not supposed to take off yet." Somebody said. 

"Down! Down!" 

Neville flew uncontrollably through the air and then he hit a wall, conking along it, and then flying away. He then started to zoom back towards us. 

Hooch quickly drew her wand to stop him. But, Neville flew too fast, so Hooch had to dive out of the way, and we all scattered. Neville flew up a tower. 

He zoomed past a statue of a man with a spear. Neville's cloak got stuck on it. He got flipped off the broom and hung there. 

"Help!"

He wavered, and then his cloak ripped through the spear, and he fell to the ground. 

"Ow!"

"Everyone out of the way!" Hooch said. 

We all scattered. 

Hooch helped up Neville, who had broken his wrist. 

"Oh, oh, oh, oh dear. It's a broken wrist. Tch, tch, tch. Good boy, come on now, up you get."

Draco reached down and took Neville's Remembrall, which fell from its owner. 

Hooch led Neville away from us.