Chapter 12 - Professor Fitwick's class, and the Troll

Percy POV

"So let me get this straight, you're 17, a son of the creator of the Universe, and you'll age until you're seventeen, and then you'll be immortal?" Ron asked for the millionth time. 

I sighed. "Yes."

Ron opened his mouth, probably to ask another question. 

"Please, just stop asking the same question." I said, and Ron shut up. 

"Now, hurry. We're going to be late for class." I said. 

Timeskip

We were now in Professor Fitwick's class. The professor was very short, and he even had to stand on a pile of books, to make up for his stature and to completely see everybody in his class. 

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?" He asked. 

Me and Hermione raised ours. 

"Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone."

"The swish and flick." We repeated. 

"Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then." We began to enunciate and we also did the movements (the swish and flick) on our feathers. 

"Wingardium Levio-saaa." Draco said. 

"Wingardrium Leviosar!" Ron exclaimed. HE began waving his wand furiously. Hermione stopped him. 

"Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Levi-o-sa, not Leviosar." She said. 

"You do it then, if you're so clever. Go on, go on." Ron said. 

I smiled, and almost snickered. 

Hermione straightened up and swished her wand. 

"Wingardium Leviosa." Her feather glowed and slowly lifted itself into the air. 

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms. Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!" Professor Fitwick said. 

Ron put his head on his books dejectedly. 

Seamus started to swish his wand at his feather. 

"Wingard Levosa!" 

"Well, done, dear." 

Suddenly, an explosion flashed. Fitwick gasped, as me, Ron, and Hermione turned to see what had caused it. 

Seamus was again charred with his feather, which was now smoldering with ashes. 

"I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor." I said. 

Timeskip

Now, me, Neville, Harry, Ron, and Seamus were walking through a courtyard which was crowded with other students. 

"It's Levioooosa, not Leviosaaaar!" Ron said, mimicking Hermione. "She's a nightmare, honestly. No wonder she hasn't got any friends!" 

I frowned at this, but nobody noticed. 

Hermione rushed past Ron, hugging her books and sniffling in tears.

"I think she heard you." I said disapprovingly. 

Another Timeskip

It was now Halloween, and the Great Hall had floating Jack O'Lanterns instead of the candles. I noticed an empty spot on the bench.