Chapter 13 - Quidditch

Percy POV

The next morning, in the Great Hall, the four of us were sitting, eating breakfast. Harry had seemed to lost his appetite somehow, and was twirling his food with a fork. 

"Take a bit of toast, mate, go on." Ron said. 

"Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today." 

"I'm not hungry." 

Professor Snape appeared at our table. 

"Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you...even if it is against Slytherin." He walked off, limping. We all noticed this. 

"That explains the blood." I said. 

"Blood?" Hermione asked. 

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping." I responded. 

"But why would anyone go near that dog?"

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret." Harry said, probably trying to figure something out. 

"So you're saying..."

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants." Harry completer her sentence. 

An owl screeched as she entered the Great Hall. She was carrying a very long parcel. 

"A bit early for mail, isn't it?" I asked. 

"I never get mail." Harry said. 

"Let's open it."

We opened it and there was a broomstick inside. 

"It's a broomstick! It's a Nimbus 2000!" Ron exclaimed. 

"Who..."

Me and Harry noticed Professor McGonagall up at the head table, stroking an owl. She smiled. 

Timeskip

We were now at the Hogwarts Quidditch Pitch. 

The gates flew open, and the Hogwarts team, which included Harry zoomed out on their broomsticks. 

We all cheered. Lee Jordan, the commentator, was announcing from a tower. "Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game Slytherin versus Gryffindor!!!" He said. 

The players took their positions in the form of a circle. 

"The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game."

"Now, I want a nice clean game...from all of you." Hooch said, while looking at Slytherin. 

She kicked a trunk, and the bludgers zoomed out. 

"The bludgers are up...followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember, the snitch is worth 150 points. The seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game." Lee Jordan said. 

The Golden Snitch zoomed around each of the Seekers' heads, then flew off. 

"The Quaffle is released...and the game begins!" 

A chaser, whose name was Angelina Johnson, zoomed past the Slytherins and scored. 

10 points for Gryffindor. 

I wondered if Chaos would like this sport. 

Aether and Hemera would definitely enjoy this. 

I saw that Harry clapped. 

Somebody from Slytherin grabbed a beater's bat and whacked a bludger at somebody called Oliver. It hit him directly in the stomach, and he fell from his broom, knocked out. 

We booed, but the Slytherins laughed. 

The Slytherins boxed Angelina Johnson in and knocked her into the capes covering one of the towers. 

Slytherin scored soon after. 

Suddenly, Harry's broom started to buck and turn. 

I looked to some binoculars at Snape, and saw that he was visibly muttering at Harry. 

"Snape's jinxing the broom."  I said. 

"What do we do?" Hermione asked. 

"Leave it to me." I said. 

I then teleported away towards Snape. 

I reappeared behind him, and I lit my pointer finger on fire, and then I set his robes aflame. 

I then quickly teleported back without anybody noticing. 

"Fire! You're on fire!" Somebody cried out. 

Snape quickly batted the flames out, and then acted as if nothing had happened. 

Harry and the Slytherin seeker zoomed towards the Golden Snitch. The Slytherin backed out, but Harry didn't. He fell off of his broom, and landed on the ground with a thump, yelping. 

He then got up and lurched, as if he was going to vomit. 

Somehow, the Golden Snitch popped out of his mouth. It landed in his hands. 

We cheered. 

"He's got the Snitch! Harry Potter receives 150 points for catching the Snitch!" Lee Jordan exclaimed. 

Hooch blew her whistle. "Gryffindor wins!" 

I smiled. 

Word Count: 693