56 , euphoria

i couldn't believe my eyes when you stood there staring back at me, but i could remember that moment like it happened mere seconds ago. excitement and happiness had run through me the moment i ran into your arms. is there a word for that kind of emotional mixture? my tears had stained your white shirt before the pouring rain did when we decided to pull apart enough to finally see each other face to face again.

streams of water ran down your face as it did mine, but neither one of us cared. i'm sure the rain that trickled down my face mixed with the tears of happiness that made my heart jump at the sight of seeing you; i was absorbed with shock and felt as though seeing you was too good to be true—a coincidence i had been thinking about you at the place of our most fondest memories we share to together and then you show up out of the blue.

you've never spun me around the way you did then. you seemed different, to put it lightly. your face glowed, as did your smile.

you looked happier.

for once, i knew you didn't have thoughts in the back of your mind that held you back, that kept you from smiling without feeling guilt. for the first time, you smiled with your eyes a radiance that could outshine any sun or moon that revolved around this world. you spoke with a voice that i've never heard before. it felt softer, even if your voice was deep it had a kind of tone that didn't sound hurt or in anguish as it had before.

you held my face in your hands, eyes longing and yearning for mine before our lips met after such a long time of being apart. my knees felt weak, almost collapsing under themselves if it weren't for your quick reaction to place your hand on my lower back to pull me in closer. i felt your smile in the kiss as if you were laughing at me and that made me smile too.

just what made you change?