Chapter 14

May 16, 2015

"Spence, I'm going out to buy supplies to tend the garden!" Aurora shouts out for him to hear, her hand on the metal doorknob as her head turns to see him slowly walk out to the living room.

Spencer has his arms wrapped around his belly, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Harry offered his help when I told him I wanted to grow some plants! He told me to meet him in the tattoo parlor."

She reveals a smile to him, but the exact smile vanishes when she notices how he clenches his jaw at the mention of the tall baker.

Maybe bringing up Harry wasn't the best idea.

Aurora opens their front door and before she steps out of the house, she says, "Bye, I love you!"

He gives her a small smile. "I love you too."

His voice comes out soft, but Aurora settles with it and walks out to head towards the devilish tattoo parlor, much like the owner's looks.

As she strolls down the cobblestone path, sending wide smiles to the handful of strangers passing by, the cool wind ripples through the skirt of her white floral mini dress.

Two white flower hairpins slick back her brunette locks, her button eyes roaming the green foliage dangling off of the walls of the buildings.

Aurora chews on her glossy bottom lip, she wonders why Harry wants her to meet him at the tattoo parlor instead of the bakery or his house.

The bakery is closer than the tattoo parlor.

Her heartbeat soars at the thought of Louis being there too, judging her with his pretty blue eyes.

Or starting unnecessary fistfights with random, scary-looking men.

He works there though, so why wouldn't he be there?

She stops in front of the tattoo parlor's door, peeking inside of the picture-scattered window, but she only finds dark silhouettes, like always.

With a sharp intake of breath, her shaky hand opens the wooden door and she steps inside of the dingy tattoo parlor.

Harry has his back pressed against the charcoal-colored counter with his arms crossed over his chest, conversing with Zayn.

Zayn tattoos on a pale woman's upper arm, Liam looks like he's preparing to pierce a middle-aged man, and Evie quietly stands behind the counter on her phone.

Evie doesn't speak much to her, she only stares at Aurora every so often.

The mellow waiting area is nearly empty, probably a slow day for them, Aurora assumes.

Harry stops talking when his eyes shift to Aurora, he instantly grows a broad smile and straightens his posture at the flowery sight of her.

"Hi, butterfly! Come in, please," Harry urges with his hands, earning the attention of both Zayn and Liam.

"Butterfly! Quite the surprise, hi!" Liam greets her, providing her with a toothy smile before he continues what he was doing.