Chapter 23 *

TW: sexual content ahead.

━━━

June 3, 2015

Aurora tries her best to be less critical of herself, to accustom her body to the strain on her chest.

But whenever she attempts to, there's always something nagging her at the back of her mind.

She can't stop thinking about the sexual encounter she had with Louis, and that frustrates every inch of her soul.

An exaggeration? No.

It's absorbing and eating away her sanity when she doesn't have anyone to talk to about it.

It feels foreign.

Especially the contradicting lust for him that only intensifies within her.

Aurora realizes she needs to think with her brain, not with what's between her legs.

"I literally pushed Rory when we were in the cafeteria line on purpose because my crush was looking at her," Spencer laughs out, raising his hand to cover his mouth.

Jasmine sputters with the red and white patterned straw in her mouth, pulling away from her cookies n' cream milkshake to properly laugh.

"Wait, I thought you said that was an accident!" Aurora points out, scrunching her blushed features in a frown.

"Obviously not, I did it on purpose because my hideous crush was staring at you and I got jealous. Don't blame me, blame little gay eleven-year-old me!"

Typical.

Spencer straightens his back up and pretends to work near the diner's counter when a co-worker of his passes by.

"And how the fuck did you guys become friends after that?" Jasmine asks with a chuckle, crossing her legs while twisting on the leather barstool.

Aurora snickers as she sips her strawberry milkshake, making eye contact with Spencer.

"I honestly don't know, she was everywhere after that incident. Maybe she was too forgiving during our first encounter that she became my friend out of pity," he snorts, glancing at the glass doors of the diner for a second.

"I may have or may have not had a teensy crush on you at first..." Aurora confesses, her cheeks burning up.

"No way!" Jasmine adds in, bouncing on her seat and grabbing onto the counter.

Spencer grimaces. "Ew, is that why I saw you everywhere? Didn't you think 'oh, this sad ugly kid is alone' for a reason?"

"I only had acquaintances so I wanted to be your friend!" Aurora defends, soon showing him a dimpled smile. "And I'm glad we did become friends, best friends."

Grateful, even.

He dramatically sighs, swiping the same dirty rag onto the wooden counter for nearly the tenth time.

"Me too... I finally had someone to cheat off of whenever I didn't bother to study for a test."

"Hey, rude!" she giggles, pushing her silky hair behind her shoulders and playful rolling her bright eyes at him.