Chapter 1

It's Zoë's funeral, 6 days since the accident, I have a few fractured ribs and a broken arm, but that's it. I'm okay, I don't deserve it. I don't deserve to be fine. I should be the dead one. I haven't spoken to anyone since the accident and Jason has been calling me non-stop. He's pissed off because he didn't know that I was going to a party and my wounds are still a little fresh to get some added to them. The charges were dropped against me because I am underage and the person who drove into us got locked up because he had been drinking too and he was on the wrong side of the road, my mum had to pay a shitload of money for a fine though which she kept on going off about.

Other than complaining about the fine, my mum hasn't spoken a word to me since I woke up from my coma and when I get home from the funeral, my bags are packed, ready for me to leave Birmingham behind and move to America to finish my senior year of high school with my mother's best friend and her husband and kids whom I've never met.

The funeral was short and sweet. Zoë's mum cried so much and I wondered if my mum would have reacted the same, had it been me dead. I wanted to say something, seeing that Zo was my best mate, but her mum kept shooting me daggers so I decided not to.

I didn't shed a single tear at the funeral, I tried to cry, I really did but nothing came out, I miss Zoë, she was honestly the closest thing to family I had.

We had a quick last supper and now mum is driving me to the airport. The drive is quiet, apart from Kiss blasting through my headphones, ensuring that my mum won't talk to me. We arrive at the airport and my mum hugs me goodbye and I hug her back halfheartedly as she whispers an 'I love you'. I don't say it back.

The flight is delayed and I have to hang around the airport for a few hours, which pisses me off because my phone died a few minutes ago, and now I'm stuck here. I go to the candy shop and sneak a few Twix bars into my bag. I head out again and walk around the airport till I get tired and head to my bags again.

"Flight 564 to America, Ohio, Cincinnati now boarding at gate 6." I hear over the intercom and I walk over to the gate 6. I show my ticket to the attendant and she leads me to my window seat, I plug in my phone in the charging post on the plane and I text David, he's the only person still talking to me after the accident. I can't believe I have to start over. Does my mum not care about me?

The flight feels faster than I anticipated, I had a short nap to pass the time, I stand up, get my hand luggage, and I head off the plane. I claim my luggage and go out the two automatic doors.

"Madison Henley is written on a white paper that's held by a sophisticated looking man in a tux and a hat. I walk over to him, tugging my suitcase behind me.

"I'm Madison Henley." I say and his eyes widen, immediately darting to my lip piercings

"Right this way Miss. Henley." The man says and takes my bags from me. I follow him outside to the parking lot, we walk over to a matte black Audi R8 and he opens the backdoor for me to get in.

The car comes to a stop and when I look up at the house in front of me, I gape.

IT'S A FUCKING CASTLE!

He leads me in and he introduces himself as Franklin.

"This will be your room Miss Henley, you are expected downstairs in an hour." The butler explains and I nod. My room is very nice, it looks like a five star hotel's room. I unpack my bag and go to my en-suite bathroom and rinse my my smudged make up from my face, I get dressed in tights and a tee as well and I head downstairs to meet my family.

Everyone is seated at this huge family table, a boy around my age, two adults and one girl that seems a little younger than me.

"We said to get ready Madison." The older male speaks up and I look at him, confused.