Chapter 8: Day Off

Hey guys. I posted an announcement on my conversations page about how some stuff came up in my life. I am still gonna write, so don't worry, but please don't freak out over slow chapter updates and low quality.

Updyke hummed quietly on the ride to my house. It was soothing... and sweet... I looked at him and was lost in his features. He had little cloud bangs and a kind expression. To be honest, he was very attractive for a cloud.

What? I stop myself. He is a cloud! And your boss! Get yourself together!

Updyke stopped humming the song, "I believe we're here."

I snap out of my thoughts and look outside.

"Oh," I unbuckled and went to get out of the car.

Updyke grabbed my arm, "Ah! Stay here."

He got out of the car and went around to my side. He opened the door, grabbed my hand, and helped me out. To be honest, I felt a bit like a princess with all the fanciness.

I start to walk to the door, then turn to see him still standing by the car.

"Aren't you coming?"

"I'm pretty sure I'm the last man your family wants to see," he explained apologetically. "You have the weekend off tomorrow, since it's Saturday. I suggest you spend it wisely."

"Thank you, sir," I pull out a sticky note and write my number. "Here. Call me if you need anything."

Updyke looked taken aback and took the note shakily, "Of course."

I turn and walk to then door and open it, with cheers from B/M. I give her a hug, and before I close the door I turn around. Updyke raised his hand in farewell. I close the door, and after a few minutes hear the car drive off.

Next day brought to you by Archie being Archie~~

The next morning I slept in a little. I dressed in a simple F/C t-shirt (If you want you can have a design on it) and jeans.

When I went downstairs, I realised B/N already went to work. B/M was at the TV watching her telenovelas. I sat next to her.

"Mind if I watch with you?" I ask.

"Oh, not at all. It's in spanish, though."

"That's fine," I smile. I'm not fluent by any means, but when you live with a very latino family, you learn a thing or two.

The show was about a girl who accidentally found herself in a forbidden library a rich man owned. There was a handsome caretaker that worked there, and the young woman fell in love with both of them. She had trouble deciding whether she wanted to go into the unknown with the rich mysterious owner, or have a normal happy life with the handsome caretaker.

I watched the show for a couple hours, rolling my eyes at the main characters stupidity. After the seventh episode (the rich man just started to love the girl and threw some heavy shade at the caretaker) I checked the time.

B/N should be at her second job by now, I think to myself. I feel bad. Retail sucks.

I hear the door bell ring and groan...

"WHO IS IT?!" I yell from the couch.

"It's Archie!" the Southerner called, making me jump from the couch. "Wanna hang out?"

I give B/M a quick kiss on the cheek and run to the door, "I'll be home soon, Mama!"

She winked at me and went back to her show. I slip on some shoes (your pick this time) and open the door.