Chapter 9: The Plot THICKENS

Hello ladies and gents. I don't have anything to say really, so Imma get right into it. Enjoy.

Your POV

"Who?"

"Updyke!" Hex frowned. "He is an evil man! He won't leave my best friend alone!"

My heart sinks. Should I call Updyke? Should I rebel?

However, if you dare disobey me and my authority, you will pay for it, Updyke's words played through my head.

But maybe... I can get some information. Find out what's really going on.

"Do you know what's going on?"

"Hm... not really... As as far as I know, The Greater Good, Updyke's taskforce, is made to hunt down and eliminate monsters and threats."

"Oh, that's a good thing, though, right?" I ask hopefully.

"Yes! It would be! Except Whitty isn't a monster... he doesn't want to hurt anyone... I don't want my best friend to die!"

I give Hex a big hug, the poor guy.

"He won't, I promise. I won't let anyone hurt your friend," I promise him. "Do you know where he is?"

Hex looked at me indecisively, "Hm, I don't know... Whitty wouldn't like it if I told someone where he is..."

"I won't tell a soul."

Hex gave me a small card.

Club Funkin'! Open every Friday Night! Can you beat the blue hair wonder? 8PM auditions, be there!

"Whitty doesn't like singing, but his girlfriend will be there."

"Girlfriend?" I ask. I didn't know he had a girlfriend.

"Mhm! Carol! She's really nice!"

"I see..."

"Y/N! I got the car warmed up! Let's go!" Archie called for me.

"Coming!" I yelled back. "See you next Friday, Hex. You'll be there, right?"

"Oh, yes! I've been meaning to audition! See you then, Y/N!"

I walk away from the happy bot and to Archie. Today was not only fufilling, but I learned something very interesting.

The next day brought to you by fancy British man~~

I was watching the telenovelas with B/M and B/N.

"So Lily told me yesterday that she met you," B/N told me.

"Oh yeah. She did. Her boyfriend works with Archie. She talks funny, though."

B/N laughed, "Yeah. She moved here from Scotland with her brother. Pretty close, those two."

I laugh with her and we both hang out as general besties. Then, I get a call.

"Hold on, let me take this," I tell her still laughing.

I walk into the kitchen and pull out my phone.

"Updyke? Why is he calling me?" I whisper and pick up the phone. "Hello? Is everything alright?"

"What? Yes, everything is fine. I hope you don't mind, but I am calling to request your company," the cloud said over the phone.

"Wait, you called because you want to... hang out? Why me? Wouldn't you rather hang out with your mystery men under the building?"

The silence over the phone was almost terrifying. I can see his face growing dark in my head.