Chapter Twenty-Coralee

Hello, Lovelies, 

I hope everyone is happy and healthy.  I am starting to feel better.  I still have to get my second round of vaccines in about a week.  Hopefully, it won't be that bad.  I want to thank all of you for your patience.  I appreciate all of you so much.  I hope you are enjoying this book.

-XXXX Amanda

**********  

Dr. Rice was a nice man who finished quickly and promised to have the results ready as soon as possible. Once finished, we made our way to the bar on the lower floor of the warehouse where some members of The Chained Gods were eating. All were polite to me but Alpha still seemed not to trust them, pulling me close against him.

Bobby raised his brows as Psycho descended the stairs and placed himself on the other side of me with my father sitting beside him.

"You know you wouldn't have to worry, Alpha if you would ask her, then announce it," he smirked.

"I did ask her...She agreed," Alpha said as he narrowed his eyes.

Psycho's eyes sparked with mischief as he rose. "In that case," he said, getting louder, "Everyone should know that Coralee has been claimed by Alpha. Everyone should keep that in mind while talking to her to prevent any...unpleasant situations."

I watched as each of the men nodded. A man named Thunder smirked at Alpha. Bobby cleared his throat.

"I guess all of you know what that means," he said, rising from his chair. "Alpha, Psycho, Coralee and Mark, I would like to speak to you in my office."

We rose, following Bobby through a hall to the last door. Once inside, he went to a desk and picked up a remote, turning on the television and pushing a button to play a recording.

Jonathon's face filled the screen. The false grief on his face would have seemed real to anyone else but me as he spoke.

"I have come to you today to implore everyone in this state to aid me in finding my daughter, Coralee," he said, wiping his hands over misty eyes. "I fear she may have become a victim of people who are against me. If you see her, please call the number below. I have filed a missing person report but I fear that her disappearance is more dire than her simply leaving my residence to live on her own. Coralee, if you're listening, don't worry. I will find you."

I flinched, realizing the threat within his words. Alpha's arm tightened around me.

"It's okay, Angel," he whispered before kissing my temple. "He won't find you here."

"You boys have a mole in your midst," Bobby said, moving around to sit behind his desk. "Thankfully, whoever the mole is hasn't figured out where she is but they know she was at your clubhouse and moved."

I frowned as Psycho glanced at me, his brow furrowed. That meant someone we trusted was on Nichols payroll.

"How do you know this?" I asked, frowning.

"Over a dozen of your members were hauled in for questioning last night in the disappearance of your girl here," Bobby said with a shrug. "I'm sure there will be more over her time here. So far, there has been no evidence that she was there but if that mole has his or her way, they will. John is trying to figure out who it is that is giving out info."

"Who was hauled in for questioning?" Psycho asked, curling his hands into fists.

"John, Leah and their daughters, as well as your pops and your little sis, Alpha," he said, "Of course, they also pulled in your vice president."

"They wouldn't get anything from Deuce," Psycho said.

Bobby picked up a piece of paper from his desk. "The others pulled in were Beast and his ol' lady, Abby, Midnight, Rebel, Wolf, Storm and his ol' lady, Dawn, Abel and Savage. Like I said, I bet the rest will follow." He threw the paper on the desk. "Regardless, this little problem needs to be taken care of."

My stomach spun. This was my fault. Because they were trying to help me, they were in trouble. Alpha's arm tightened around me as if he knew my thoughts.

"Angel, this isn't your fault. It's Jonathon's. Everything always leads back to him. Don't take credit for what he does. It's past time that he faces those things instead of having other people punished for them."

I glanced at him, realizing he was right. Why did I always feel as if the things he did were my fault?

Bobby smiled. "He's right and we're going to make sure he pays for those things. You are the reason why we're able to do that." He took as step toward me. "I would tell you to be brave a little longer but bravery is something you'll need for the rest of your life. What I will tell you is let go of the guilt of anything he causes."

I blinked back tears as I nodded. "You said there was a mole...Someone in The Grimm Dragons who is giving Jonathon information. How do we figure out who that is? What will happen to them after we do?"

Alpha shifted uncomfortably next to me. "We will find out who they are in ways that won't be pleasant. Afterward, they won't be...around anymore."

"You mean they won't be in the club?" I asked, frowning.

"No, they won't and I don't feel like saying how they won't be in the club around a lawyer would be a good idea." Alpha shifted again. "This way, neither of you know what happens and if anyone questions you, you can say the truth. You don't know."

I wanted to ask more questions but I knew better. Even though Alpha wasn't saying it, I realized that most likely whoever was giving information to Jonathon would die.

I stared at Alpha, realizing there were things I didn't know about him. Had he committed murder? Slept with multiple people? Harmed people? I was sure he did. Did it change how I felt? No. No matter what he did in the past or what he would do in the future, I knew he would never harm me. Somehow, I knew he would always be loyal to me. I took a deep breath and decided that I could live without knowing some things about him because regardless of anything else, I trusted him.

He stared into my eyes, seeming to understand what I had decided. "I know this is a different kind of life than you are used to, but I promise I'm going to make it a good one for you."

I leaned against him. "You already have."

I spoke the truth. Maybe I once wanted the prince in the fairytales of that book my mother gave me but none of those princes would be strong enough to love me as completely as Alpha. He was the prince that was sent to me because he was the I would always need.