Chapter 14: Forever

Me and you are built like armor
Nothing can't stop love from loving on us
And I'm not asking for much
Just a couple of forevers
A couple of forevers
I'm the only one, you're the only one
Together 'til never
I'm talking 'bout forever
Just a couple of forevers
I'm the only one, you're the only one
Together 'til never

11 months later/Casey POV

Loud music and laughter filled the penthouse suite at the Four Season hotel. It was a chilly November Saturday afternoon. Everyone was having a blast getting ready. The big day was finally here. After today, Casey would no longer be a Bailey. She grabbed her phone to take an insta story before  sliding it back across the bathroom counter. A mimosa in hand, Casey exhaled as she got her hair curled in her private room. She needed some alone time to reflect and relax by herself. So much had happened since Matisse had proposed. Planning the wedding had been the easy part. Her planner was incredible and made sure everything was perfect for this day.  Everyone was so happy with they had announced the engagement and things were going smoothly. She and Matisse loved every second of the wedding prep. It had been fun for them and she felt that their wedding was going to represent them perfectly. Then a dark cloud had taken over and shadowed everything. Over the past 9 months, family drama had plagued her family. Her mom's side of the family decided to reappear. First it was blackmail demanding money, then it was running to the media to sell childhood stories. Her mother did a tabloid interview where they had told the entire world about the night she had been rapped. In that same interview, her mom told the world how she had been trying to reach out to Casey and Chris for help but they were ignoring her cries. Her grandmother had passed and her mother had no one else to turn too. Casey felt like her whole world was crashing down around here because she couldn't get the media attention to stop. Her mom didn't tell the whole story. In fact, she had down right fabricated some of the story to make her look better. Casey had to do a counter interview with Chris and it was single handedly the hardest thing she had to do. At one point, there were concerns that the wedding would be crashed. But her mom really just wanted money. This was supposed to be the happiest time of her life and it was overshadowed by her mother greed. Thankfully, she started to receive an outpour of supports online and once the money from the interviews hit her bank account, her mom disappeared again. After the wedding, Casey was going to announce her new non-profit for victims of sexual abuse. She also got offered the opportunity to be a cheer coach at a local high school. Which meant leaving her job at ESPN behind. It was a incredibly hard decision but Jeremiah had reassured her that she would always have a place there. What she was doing was going to be far more important and impactful. Then two months ago, her mom overdosed and died. She couldn't sort out her feelings and it made everything all the more confusing. Matisse had been an absolute angel during all of this. He was by her side when she needed him, defended her, comforted her. She was so thankful that she was going to marry him today. Today.  Casey smiled. She was getting ready to marry the love of her life. She took a sip of her drink and relaxed. She couldn't change her past. But her future was waiting for her. She needed to focus on that. "Tell me what you think. Personally, you look beautiful, but your always beautiful. You are one spectacular bride Casey." She opened her eyes and stopped breathing. The top half of her hair was pulled back and held together by her veil.  Some pieces framed her face. The bottom half was lose and curled hanging down her back. Her makeup was soft and natural. She still looked like herself, except more refined. It's exactly what she wanted. "This is perfect Nichelle! You are seriously the best! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Robyn knocked on the door and walked in with the garment bag holding her wedding dress.  She looked over to see her fighting back tears. Robyn and Chris started dating when she was twelve so she had helped to raise her in a way. The night before she and Chris had gotten married, Robyn and Casey had laid on the couch talking about dating and relationships. Robyn teased her relentlessly because Casey wasn't interested in boys let alone marriage at fifteen. She just wanted to cheer and have a good time with her girlfriends. Having Robyn here to help her get married meant the world to the both of them. "Oh Casey! You look..." She couldn't get the words out without crying, which made Casey tear up. It was starting to hit her that this was all happening. "Oh baby don't cry! Please don't. We can't ruin all Nichelle's hard work. You look so beautiful SeSe. I don't know who's going to cry harder, your dad or your brother!" They laughed then slipped Casey into her dress. All put together, she stepped into the full length mirror and gasped. She began to fan herself to keep from crying.   The dress was a delicate fit and flare lace Sophia Tolli Premiere. It hugged her body to show off her figure, yet still was elegant. The light danced across the beadwork. It was everything she wanted romantic, light, and sophisticated. It was the missing puzzle piece to complete the look.  As Robyn opened the door into the living area of the suite, all her bridesmaids began to squeal in delight and awe. "Oh my God Casey, Matisse is going to MELT!" shouted her best friend Aaliyah. "Hand me your phone. I need to get closes up!" squealed Lexi. With her squad hyping her up, she began to loosen up.  She was getting ready to marry her soulmate and she looked amazing. Casey was  growing impatient, ready to walk down the aisle. "Come on SeSe!  Limo is here! Let's get you fucking married!"