prologue

"Don't worry princess, your knight in shining leather has come to save you!" Chat Noir said, landing in front of her and the akumatized victim.

"Chat Noir... Save me..." Marinette pleaded.

Volpina laughed.

Chat Noir tried to pull Marinette away from Volpina's grasp but she and Volpina disappeared.

Illusions.

"Oh Chat Noir!" Volpina called out. "Are you looking for something?!"

He looked up, and to his horror, saw Volpina on the Eiffel Tower. She had a firm grasp on Marinette's wrist, who was currently afraid of possible death.

"Want me to give her to you?!" Volpina asked. "Just give me your miraculous!"

Chat Noir got a firm grip on his baton, took a few steps back, and threw it at Volpina, sure she was an illusion.

Volpina caught it with a hand and threw it back towards him.

"Just give me your miraculous and this can end right now!" Volpina told him.

"Never!" Chat exclaimed.

"Well then say goodbye to Marinette Dupain-Cheng!" Volpina looked down at her and smirked.

Marinette's eyes went wide.

Volpina let her go, and Marinette started screaming.

"MARINETTE!" Chat Noir extended his pole, and managed to catch Marinette while she was still in the air.

He landed on the floor, his knees were pounding with pain but that didn't matter.

Marinette hugged him. "Thanks Chat! I thought, I thought I was going to-"

"Shh... Don't worry about it" Chat Noir and Marinette stood up. "Go hide. Volpina might go after you again. I'll see if I can distract her..."

As she left she heard him mutter "Where the hell is Ladybug at... She's never this late..."

Marinette ran into an empty alley.

Tikki flew out of her purse. "That was a close one, Marinette!"

"I know, it was" Marinette took a few moments to breathe. "Tikki, spots on!"

Ladybug soon reached Chat Noir.

*one akuma fight later*

"Pound it!" Both heroes called out.

"Well, I've got to go kitty, bug out" Ladybug left.

Chat Noir stood there for a few seconds, wondering why she hadn't come to save Marinette and only appeared after she was gone.