the sunset

THREE MONTHS AFTER THE PROLOGUE

"Hey bugaboo? Would you like to- to watch the sunset with me later?" Chat Noir asked.

"Sure, kitty" Ladybug didn't really have anything else to do.

THAT AFTERNOON

"So... Ladybug... I was thinking... And there's someone- a friend- and I want you to meet her" Chat Noir said.

"A girl?" Ladybug turned towards him, an eyebrow raised. "I didn't know you had a girlfriend, Chaton."

"Wait what no! She- she's just a friend!" Chat Noir quickly said.

Just a friend, Ladybug thought. Huh, that sounds so familiar...

"I think... I think you would like her. She and you actually have a lot in common" Chat told her.

"Who is it?" Ladybug asked, curiosity getting the better of her.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng" Chat Noir answered. "You've met before, once you gave her a miraculous, she was Multimouse and-"

Ladybug froze. "M-marinette?"

"Yeah... I think the two of you would really get along" Chat Noir said.

Ladybug frowned and stood up.

Chat Noir stood up too. "Hey, LB, what's wrong?"

"I just... don't like Marinette, okay?" She quickly thought of reasons of why Ladybug wouldn't like someone like Marinette. "She's careless, she's clumsy, she's annoying-"

Chat Noir glared at Ladybug. "Ladybug, what's wrong with you?! Marinette is a great person! She's kind and she cares about everyone and-"

"Well then if she's such a great person why don't you fall in love with HER instead of ME!" Ladybug exclaimed.

"I'm not saying I love marinette! I'm just saying that the two of you-" Chat was abruptly cut off.

"I hate marinette, okay?!" Ladybug left.

Chat Noir just stood there, wondering why Ladybug hated Marinette.