Consequences

I am deeply sorry if the following chapter contains spelling errors. If so, blame it on Adrienette_canon for making me hurry up.

__________

Laughing, Ladybug exited the news building.

She swung away on her yo-yo.

Landing on a building, she stopped to think.

The interview had gone smoothly.

She had actually thought about it before, and now that she had a crush on Marinette, why not enjoy it?

Teasing the public couldn't possibly hurt anyone.

Oh, if she only knew how wrong she was...

"Oh Minibug!" Bunnix stepped out of her portal.

"I have no clue of what you did this time, but you have to follow me!" Bunnix put something on her head and guided Ladybug inside the Burrow.

"What happened?" Ladybug asked, confused.

"Someone got akumatized!" Bunnix told her.

"I just break the akumatized object and purify it then?"

Bunnix led her to the right portal. "Minibug it's not that easy-"

"Are we there yet?"

"Yes.." Bunnix took the thing off her head, then dropped it on the floor as her hand momentarily disappeared.

"Come back once I'm done!" Ladybug jumped inside, not stopping to think.

"Minibug!" Bunnix groaned, closing the portal. "While she handles him, I'll see how all of this happened..."
__________

"Hello?!" Ladybug called out. Paris appeared to be in ruins.

The Eiffel Tower was in ruins.

The water level had rised.

"Little kitty on a roof..." A voice sadly sang.

"All alone without his lady..."

Ladybug saw Chat Noir sitting by himself.

She wondered if he knew what had happened.

"Hey chat!" She called out.

He stood up and turned towards her slowly.

She waved at him to get his attention. "Hey! Chat! Over here!"

He slowly approached her.

Now they were only a few feet apart.

"I... I thought you weren't coming back..." He scratched the back of his head. "After the argument we had, I-"

"Argument?" Ladybug looked at him, confused. "What argument? Why is your suit white?"

He chuckled, looking away. "You aren't Ladybug, are you?"

"I- I am!" She was more confused than ever before. "Chat, someone got akumatized! I need you to help me find them!"

He turned towards her, tilting his head to the side. "Someone got akumatized?"

She nodded. "Bunnyx told me that-"

He laughed. "Oh, Marinette, I don't think dust statues can get akumatized."

"M-marinette...?" She took a few steps back. "Chat Noir, what is-"

"I'M NOT CHAT NOIR ANYMORE!" He screamed, anger in his voice.

He took a deep breath. He looked down and then back towards her.

"I'm not Chat Noir anymore" He smiled.

That smile scared Ladybug more than anything else.

"I'm Chat Blanc" He said, flicking his white bell.

"What...what happened?" She asked, her voice barely a whisper.

"You tricked me, that's what happened!" He looked away.

After a few seconds of silence that seemed like years, he looked towards her again.

"But we don't have to think about that" He grinned. "That's the past."

He took a few steps towards her.

"Just give me your miraculous, princess. I'll fix everything... I pawmise. Cats honor" He reached for her earrings.

She took a few steps back. "Where's the akuma?"

He looked at her, confused. "Akuma? There's no akuma... Only you... Me... And the dust..."

"I know you're akumatized, Chat Blanc. Just tell me where the akuma is" she glared at him.

Meanwhile, back in her burrow, Bunnyx was growing more and more worried.

What had Marinette exactly done in the twenty minutes she went to eat lunch?

She was going to have to start eating lunch inside the Burrow.

Whatever.

Back on track.

"Marinette, you pretended to be in love with yourself!" Chat Blanc exclaimed.

"I- it was so I could hide my identity!" Ladybug argued.

Wait, when did that happen?

She went back further back in time.

"Girl you're dating Ladybug!" Alya squealed. "Marinette this HAS to go on the Ladyblog!"

Marinette chuckled nervously. "I can talk to her about it...see if she lets you."

Bunnyx went yet farther back in time.

"Ladybug, it is no secret that you've fallen for Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Everyone is dying to know how you fell for her" Nadja Chamack told her.

Ladybug pretended to think about it.

"Hmm... Well I'd say I fell for her a while ago. You know, she's a really nice person" Ladybug said.

Bunnyx took a few steps back. "Minibug, what in the world have you done?!"