Nashi's First Birthday

Nashi, 1 Year Old

"Come on Natsu, you have to get off this train now!" Happy keeps on shouting at Natsu as the train announcement once notifies that the train is about to leave magnolia.

"Lucy will be mad the both of us if we cant be home on time," Happy can easily carry Natsu, but not today, the exceed is responsible for safe keeping the birthday cake.

"Oh did someone say Lucy is mad!" Natsu snapped out still being dizzy, now moving out of the train in a very slow progress.

"Well at least he's moving," Happy waited till they're out of train and watched as Natsu dropped dead in the ground. "Oh come on Natsu, its not the time to be lazy!!"

Natsu and Happy rushed to their house, its passed the time Lucy asked them to get home. It's Nashi's big day and he can't miss it.

"Papa's home!" Natsu announced as soon as he opened the door. The house was decorated with balloons and decorative cloths in Nashis favorite colors.

"You did well, Luce!" says Natsu nervously, but Lucy gave him a sweet smile, "Oh thanks Natsu, but it would be great if you were here earlier!" quickly her mood changed and Natsu and Happy dropped on the floor, "Please forgive us, merciful goddess Lucy!"

Both Nashi and Lucy laughed, "Hey, I'm just messing with you two, just set up the cake at the back, some guildmates are here already! We can start in a few minutes after you both take you rest," Lucy kissed Natsu in his cheeks, "Thanks for running the errands, Natsu." while Nashi hugged Happy, "Thank you kitty!"

"Come on baby, gotta dress you up for your party!" Lucy picked Nashi and headed to their bedroom. She prepared so much for Nashi's birthday but did not expect that the baker in Magnolia's best cake shop was sick, so she had to ask Natsu and Happy to get a cake from the next city.

Lucy dressed Nashi in a black and pink laced dress, almost looking alike Mavis' dress. She also fixed Nashi's hair like hers as it was Nashi's favorite styling.

Everyone was gathered at the backyard of Dragneel's house, almost everyone in the guild was there except from the others who had to take job requests and were too drunk and was left in the guild hall.

Every child were engaging in games while their parents where chilling and light drinking. There were foods served everywhere and everyone were encouraged to sing and dance.

"Time for the cake, Nashi!" Nashi was so excited to eat the cake and was waiting for that moment, she immediately climbed up a chair to get level with the table.

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Nashi!

"Okay Nashi, blow and make a wish!" Lucy whispered to their little princess.

Nashi leaned over the table and gently moved closer to the fire, but instead of blowing away the small ball of fire she ate it! Everyone was shocked except Natsu, "Great job Nashi!"

I wish to be a great Fire Dragon Slayer!

"Oh my are you alright, child?" Carla asked as soon as she recovered from the shock, "Aye!" Nashi mimics Happy.

Everyone cheered for the young fire dragon slayer and wished her happy birthday.

"Well, I guess that adds another fire breathing dragon in our house," Lucy said to her husband, "Well that's great right. I'll teach her everything she has to know!"

"Not till she's ready! Our baby is just 1 year old Natsu!"

Natsu and Lucy watched their princess with their guildmates, her first birthday turned out so well, just watching their little girl enjoy with all the people that she love.

Maybe she'll learn celestial magic too, thought Lucy.

I'd train the best fire-dragon slayer, thought Natsu.

-

Fun Fact: According to fairyeverafter.fandom Nashi's birthday is July 07.