Chapter 15

Leon went to grab a nurse telling them that (Y/N) had awoken from her coma. Then he proceeded to call the others while the nurse was checking on (Y/N). As soon as Leon finished calling the others he went back into her room. The nurse finished checking her vitals and they left the two alone in the small room.

"How are you feeling?" Leon asked, smiling at the (h/c) laying in front of him.

Smiling back up at the man she replies, "You know pretty good. A little confused on how I've been out for so long."

"Well, you did lose a lot of blood. We thought you were going to die from how you passed out almost instantly."

"Wow, that is very comforting." (Y/N) started with an eye-roll. She faced Leon seeing him smile at her, seeing the woman he has grown extremely fond of smiling back. "Honestly, how could you think I was going to die Mr. Kennedy?" 

Leon replied, letting out a low chuckle, "You know that's exactly what Piers said about you."

"Oh god," she jokes. "Of course that idiot would say that."

The pair sat in silence for a bit until a knock was heard at the door. Leon stood from his seated position and went to open the door. By the time his hand touched the handle Piers came bursting through the door with tears brimming from his eyes.

"Holy shit," was all he said when he saw (Y/N) awake. Rushing over to her happy to see that she was okay. Piers engulfed her into the tightest hug he has ever given her. "Thank god you're okay."

Hugging the slender man back. "Couldn't leave you just yet, Nivans."

"Don't even think about trying," Piers responds, hugging her a little tighter. 

He shortly let her go, giving her a once over. Piers saw that she was doing a lot better than when he last saw her awake. With tears in his eyes, he pulls (Y/N) in for another hug, giving her a kiss on her temple.

"You scared the shit out of me," he told, "Never get into danger like that again, please."

"Piers, you know I can't promise you that," she said with a sad smile. "We still need to get rid of Wesker."

"Well as soon as you get better we will finish this," Leon stated. "Together."

Making eye contact with everyone in the room (Y/N) nodded slowly. Finally accepting help from her friends and family. She is finally ready to suit up and take on her father with the help of the people she cares about. The people that choose her over running from her. The people who see her as her own person, not as her fathers' daughter. They don't see (Y/N) as Weskers' daughter

Word Count: 464