Chapter 5

"I'll go get that," (Y/n) said. She rushed over to the door looking through the peephole. Once she saw who it was she quickly opened the door. "Becca! What are you doing here?"

"Good to see you too (Y/n)," Rebecca said in an offensive tone. "I thought you'd be happy to see me."

(Y/n) pulls Rebecca into a thigh embrace and says. "God how long has it been?!"

"It's been a couple of years!" Rebecca said cheerfully letting go of her friend.

Rebecca is someone who would just show up out of nowhere. But that was okay she always easily been welcomed into everything we ever did. She was always someone who'd made sure (Y/n) was included in whatever they were up to. Rebbecca is the kind of person to be inclusive. That's how they became really fast and good friends. Even though she was on the team 'happy go lucky' while (Y/n)'s over here like 'my dad killed hundreds but hey let's be buds'.

Leon came walking around the corner to see who I was talking to. When he saw Rebecca his eyes slightly widened. Same as Rebecca's. (Y/n) got confused about what was happening. So she asked, "Hold the fuck up do you two know each other or what?"

"Yeah, we met a few years ago. We worked on that one B.O.W. case I told you about in New York." Rebecca replied.

"Oh, shit?!" (Y/n) said surprised that 1) Rebecca would work against B.O.W.s without telling her and 2) that she and Leon worked together on the said case. (Y/n) thought that she should ask about that later. "Small world," she mumbled quietly mainly to herself.

"Dr. High Hopes what do you want?" Leon asked. (Y/n) gave him a sort of glare as he shrugged at her. Why'd he gotta call my sweet bean Rebecca that? she thought.

"Leon, all I wanted to do was see my best friend. Also (N/N) do you still need help with your little Wesker project?" Rebecca asked her. "Because I have information on him that I picked up over the past few months that you might need."

"Well, I got some stuff from a good friend that once worked side by side with Wesker. But if it's newer information on him I'll take every piece of information you have," (Y/n) told Rebecca.

"I'll leave it on the counter then and be on my merry way," She told (Y/n). She walked into the kitchen and placed a small purple flash drive on the tile countertop. Rebecca then came over to (Y/n) giving her a quick and meaningful hug then waving a small good-bye to Leon. "I guess I'll be seeing you later (N/N)."

"Later Becca," (Y/N) says and walked Rebecca to the door. As Rebecca left Leon went back over to her computer and looked through the files on Wesker and any upcoming B.O.W.s again. (Y/N) pulled up a chair and sat next to Leon starring at his intense gaze towards the computer as he read through the multiple files.

*Time Skip*

(Y/N) looked at time noticing that it was almost 3 am. She looked over to Leon to see him half asleep. They've been looking through files after files about Umbrella Corporation. (Y/N) stood up quietly so she wouldn't disturb Leon as he continued to read the files. She went to go get some coffee and asked Leon if he wanted some coffee as well.

Leon nods his head too tired to say anything. (Y/N) makes two cups of coffee and comes to sit back down next to Leon. He grunts thanks as she hands him the mug. As they go back to reading the files they slowly sip on the hot drink.

"How many more do we have to go through?" Leon asks. (Y/N) shrugs and rests her head on the palm of her hand.

"To many," she replies. She looks over to Leon and sees him staring at her. "Why are you staring at me?" She asks eyes half-lidded.

"You should get some sleep." He tells her.

"I'm just waiting for Crillah to get home. She usually tells me if she has the graveyard shift but I haven't heard anything from her yet." (Y/N) says with a worried tone. Right as she said that there was a knock on the front door.

"I'll get it and don't worry too much everything's gonna be okay," Leon tells. He walks to the front door and she hears is distantly conversing between Leon and whoever was at the door. (Y/N) thinks that it's weird that someone would come over at 3 am. The next thing she hears breaks her heart. "Okay, I'll let her know."

Word Count: 808