Chapter 6

2 months later

(Y/N) slowly gets ready putting on a simple black knee-length dress with black high top vans. It's been raining for the majority of the week. She looks for a raincoat and umbrella. She sets all her stuff by the door and takes one last look in the mirror. She didn't put any makeup on knowing she will be crying nonstop. (Y/N) walks over to grab her keys before she leaves. She drives alone just wanting to hear Crillah laugh at her stupid jokes and cry from the dumb movies they'd watch together.

As (Y/N) entered the funeral home she sees Leon standing there waiting. She slowly exits the car wishing for this day to be over already. (Y/N) walks up to Leon with her umbrella in hand. "Hey," she says with her voice slightly breaking.

"Hey," he responds as the two of you walk inside with an uncomfortable silence. He keeps looking over at (Y/N) seeing her wipe the small tears that were already falling. He didn't have to come to the funeral but he had to make sure she was okay knowing that she would say that she is fine but deep down knowing how broken she is.

"I'm fine if that's what you're wondering." She told while looking straight on. "Why'd you come?" she asked finally giving him a glance.

"I know how much you care for her. I wanted to see if you were okay." Leon replied staring at his shoes.

"Tell me what son of a bitch killed her and I'll be fucking peachy, Mr. Kennedy." She tells. "I know it must have been someone in Umbrella or better yet Wesker."

"Then I guess that makes us one step closer to bringing him down." He says as they separate walking to their seats. Leon sat towards the back of the room while (Y/N) sat in the second row next to Crillah's girlfriend.

"Hey girlie." (Y/N) says to Alex while grabbing her hand giving a comforting smile. Alex looks over and tightens her grip on (Y/N)'s hand. "You don't have to speak if you don't want to."

"I don't think I'll be able to go up there," she tells. (Y/N) rubs small comforting circles on Alex's hand. Crillah would have wanted (Y/N) to take care of Alex. For the past few months, Alex has been staying in Crillah's room. We've been spending time together whether in silence or crying. They took care of each other.

As the ceremony started they sat in silence holding one another. Then it was finally time for (Y/N) to read the eulogy.

"Hi, I'm (Y/N). I was Crillah's roommate and best friend. She was always like a sister to me even when we weren't together. She always knew how to make the darkest of days some of the brightest. When I look around this room and I see people who loved her for who she was. No matter how long we've all known her we all knew that she was weird, fun, and very loving. We all have our memories of her and we shouldn't forget about the good times we had with her. Crillah I'll always love you even though you are gone. I love you nerd save me a spot where you are."

As (Y/N) finished her speech she walked out of the room. She could no longer be in the same room as her dead best friend. She walked to her car not caring if she got soaked from the rain. She sat on the hood of her car and cried for what seemed like hours. As the ceremony came to an end (Y/N) saw everyone walking out but only one person caught her eye, Leon.

"Why are you really, Mr. Kennedy?" she asks with a strain in her voice from crying as she walked up to him. "I find you for help, then my best friend dies, you didn't even talk to me for 2 months, and now look at where you are!"

"I already told you, I wanted to know if you were okay," Leon tells (Y/N) calmly.

"I don't believe you. If you wanted to know if I was okay then you should've come and saw if I was okay!" (Y/N) started to yell. "Hell only God knows that I've been thinking of my old ways, Leon! She was the only reason I stopped every bad thing I've ever done to myself! And now she's gone and I'll never get to see her again."

(Y/N) started crying again. She slowly fell to the cold hard cement. Leon stood there hovering over her as the rain kept pouring. He bent down to comfort her putting a hand on the small of her back rubbing small comforting circles.

"I know what you're going through, trust me. But we are going to get through this. You and me, got it?" He told. "And we are going to get Wesker and shut Umbrella down for good."

(Y/N) slowly nods her head standing up with the help of Leon.

"Let's go get that son of a bitch." 

Word Count: 872