07

| BITTERSWEET | chapter seven

| you make me feel complete,

oh, it's so bittersweet |

jaden's pov

i pull away from the kiss and mads smile at me.
then she frowned. "something bothering you?" i ask. and mads nods. "what's up?"

"i just feel like something is going on between you and nessa." mads sits up next to me on the bed.

well there was something going on, but not anymore. so this is technically not lying.
"there's nothing. we aren't even friends." i shrug, and she nods.

"see i want to believe you but things like you and her getting in&out together—"

"you're still on that mads? i thought we cleared that up?" i groaned.

"yeah, but how can i forget. i've seen the way she looks at you." mads argued.

i mean she's not wrong..nessa did use to look at me some type of way. "well that's her. not me."

mads sigh, "i just can't trust you—no. i trust you. i just can't trust her around you."

i roll my eyes, "nothing ever happened between us. okay?" i kiss the girl and smile at her.

hate doing this but i have too.

nessa's pov

jaden and i haven't talked for 3 days. usually we'd know what we were doing in each other's day. but i know absolutely nothing about jaden's days now.

he's probably spending time with mads which makes me worried. what if he starts liking her again, but for real.

that would crush me into a million pieces and it'd be my fault. i'd have to pick up the pieces myself and fix it.

i lay in the bed with josh, watching netflix with him. we can't even engage in an actual conversation because we basically have nothing in common.

i don't even know what i saw in josh. i might sound so rude but he's basic. nothing special. and a fuck boy.

i pick up my phone to scroll through tiktok and when josh looks over i turn it off. "huh?" i look up at him.

"who are you texting?" he ask, i furrowed my brows.

"no one i was scrolling through videos on my for you page." i say and he scoffs.

"sure as if i'd believe that. you're texting jaden huh?" josh grabs my phone and tries putting in the password.

"no why would i text jaden?" i roll my eyes, grabbing my phone from him.

no seriously, he and i haven't talked in days. why would i? "there's clearly something going on." he shouts.

"fuck josh, what more do you need. a whole ass documentary to prove it? nothing is going on between us. okay? we've stopped talking when you said i shouldn't talk to him that much." i shout back.

he stayed silent and sighed, josh nods his head. "sorry. i believe you."

"i'm going home." i lied.

i kissed him goodbye and entered my car driving straight to jaden's house. i knocked on the door and q answered. "hey..where J?"

"in his room." q says, i nod and i open the door to his room.

jaden's head snap to the door and his mouth opened when he saw it was me. "what are you doing here?" he asked.

i sat down on the bed and breathed in. i explained everything josh was saying and how he told me i shouldn't talk to him. "that's everything."

"okay..?" jaden furrows his brows, my heart nearly dropped. did he not care anymore?

he lost feelings?

"i was lying about having feelings for josh..again. it was the sake of our 'thing' getting exposed." i say trying to clear it up more.

jaden stayed quiet, my feet started tapping louder against the floor waiting for a response from him. "look ness." he starts off.

that small sentence itself got me on the edge of my seat. "mads is getting very suspicious of us."

"so is josh but we can be extra carful." i say immediately, and he shook his head.

"no you don't understand. this could ruin everything for us. they are both getting very worried about us hooking up..and one of them could make an impulsive decision and say something online." jaden shortly explains.

"jaden don't tell me—"

"we should...just, chill for a bit. not see each other." he concluded.

"jaden how. we couldn't even go a week without each other last time we tried and this time we didn't see each other for only three days. nearly impossible." i say.

"ness, of course we will still see eachother sometimes. like when we both go to the sway house. but what i saying is we shouldn't meet up by ourselves. we should avoid each other at all cost. i'm not ruining my career ness." jaden paused, "not even for you."

that last sentence made my heart crush. but i do agree. i wouldn't ruin my career for him either. "yeah same." i nod along.

even dont i don't agree with not seeing each other i nod along. he was right. it could mess everything we worked for. "one last kiss?" i raised my brow.

jaden smiles, and pulls me in. it was not long. just a short sweet kiss. i got up from the bed and i sighed.

i walked out of his house almost in tears.

i wasn't prepared to lose jaden. not now, not ever.

but it seems like i just lost him for good.