10

| BITTERSWEET | chapter ten

| you make me feel complete,

oh, it's so bittersweet |

nessa's pov

working at the studio on my song 'bittersweet' for hours. then there's a knock on the door. "come in." i called out. i turn around in my chair and it was josh.

he smile as we walked in with in&out, i smile back at him. he's starting to be more caring.
"i got you food." josh says.

"i can see that." i say in a jokingly manner, he hands me over my plate. "thank you."

"no problem." josh looks at the desk i was working on. "what are you doing?"

"working on my song." i say, "i'm at the studio you know." i laugh.

"right. i'm a dumbass." josh laughs with me.

at least we agree on something. "i'm going to leave you to work on your song. see you later." josh quickly kisses me and left.

then another person entered. this time it was jaden, my face immediately lit up. "i just saw josh leave, but he's blind as fuck because he didn't see me." he laughed.

"nice way to greet me." i laughed along with him.

"if you want a formal greeting then; hello, how are you?" he greets in a British accent.

"why are you talking like that?" i made a face, he dramatically gasped, acting offended.

"talk like what?"

"never mind." i giggled, i missed him. the small talks like this we used to have every time. everything about him, i missed.

he sat down on the couch in front of me, i sighed holding back what i had to say. we both agreed on being loyal. "but for real how've you been?" jaden asked again.

"great." i smile, i took the sheet of paper that was on the desk in front of me and held it up. "i'm finishing the song bittersweet."

"oh." he breathed out, "isn't that the song i'm on?"

"yeah. you already recorded your verse so i'm just completed the song..but we have to call in bree and shannon to touch it up and add your extra vocals." i shortly explain

"oh alright." he nods.

i call bree so she could come in the studio and her to bring shannon—jaden's manager. few minutes later they came in and we re-record the whole song, and did my last part with a few vocals from jaden in the background of my voice. "this is great honestly." bree smiled at both of us, "you guys are an amazing duo, with la di die and now this song?"

"thank you." jaden said.

after a while shannon and bree left and we were alone again. we had already finished the song so we were just talking about random shit like netflix shows we liked and what's been going on in our relationships.

my head was laid on jaden's shoulder with his arm wrapped around me, i could tell his just missed my company too because we stopped talking, just sitting her enjoying the moment together.

i turned my head to face the boy, he faced me too and i saw his eyes flickered down to my lips. i know we both agreed to stay loyal to our partners but i couldn't hold back.

i leaned in, expecting our lips to be connected bubble but they weren't. i opened my eyes to jaden backing his head away. "oh." i breathed out, removing myself from jaden's arms. "i'm sorry—"

"no..it's fine..but we agreed to stay loyal." he says. we stood there in an awkward position. it hurts because we used to be so close and now we can't talk about what happened.

without saying anything i grabbed my jacket and vape and left the studio. i couldn't stand the embarrassment.