2. Ruby Lane

(A/N- wanted to clear something up, Maia is related to the Goodes through Will Goodes wife- her mom was the wifes sister. Another thing, since we dont know the wifes name, I came up with one. Thank you for reading!)

Along with Ruby Lane comes talk of razors and Self Harm so be cautious with this chapter. Stay safe, you are all loved, and my messages are always open. 

"Maia, what are you doing here?" Officer Goode said, Maia's more distant side of the family. 

"I was in the car Nick, I kind of had to be here" Maia said

"Okay just get to the ambulance, they need to check you out" He scolded, sending her on before interrogating her friends.

"Wait Nick, can you call in for Andy and let her know I'm alright" Maia asked, watching Nick radio into the station to make a call. 

"Deena Johnson?" 

"Yeah, two E's" Deena told Officer Nick

"Wanna tell me what happened?" 

"The car crashed" Deena said, matter-of-factly

"Was it pursuing you?" He asked 

"Well it was driving behind the bus. Does that count as pursuing?" Deena asked  

"The driver said that right before the crash someone opened the emergency exit."

"I don't remember that"

"No? He also saw you with the cooler" Nick said 

"Did anyone else see that?" Deena said 

"Maybe you were just umm- goofing around and things got out of hand." 

"I don't know. I guess," 

"Sometimes accidents just happen" Kate said 

"We lost control sir." Peter said respectfully

"Freak accident" James said 

"Suck it pig." Simon said

"It was just an accident" Deena said, Nick leaving her side to go talk to Maia before she was sent to the hospital for the night. 

"My car is totaled" Peter said, getting in Deena's face.

"Well I'm sure daddy would love to pay for it" Deena said as Peter made eye contact with Nick, standing by the ambulances. Pulling Deena in for a tight hug and threatening her, Nick turned back and completed the walk.

"Maia, you alright?" Goode asked

"Peachy, ready to go home." Maia snapped

"Hey, I'm on your side kid. We may not be blood but your still apart of the Goode family." Nick said with a big smile on his face. 

"My name is Maia Field, not Maia Goode, but thank you." Maia said 

"I know your name, but I just need the truth, was it actually an accident or is there something else going on here? " Nick asked

"An accident, I swear. I was in the car, and Peter just lost control." Maia said, the corners of her lips turning up out of courtesy. 

"Okay kiddo, Ill let Will know what happened and that you're alright. They're gonna check you for concussions most likely, you'll be okay. Try to relax tonight okay?" Nick said 

"Will do" Maia said, still pissed about everything.

That night they arrived at the hospital, the doctors doing quick tests and finally sending her in for a brain scan. Laying in her bed next to Sam's the doctor came in for the two of them, Sam fast asleep they gave her the results of the scan.