5. Lets Timothy this Bitch!

"C. Berman" Josh began, "Shes the key"

"C Berman? Pretty sure she was friends with my mom at camp.  Aunt Chris and Uncle Will hated her guts." Maia said, the pounding on the door getting louder and louder. 

"Camp Nightwing. Summer of '78. Group of campers, brutal massacre." Sam read

"There was one Shadyside survivor, C. Berman." Josh explained, "The still traumatized girl claims that amidst the carnage she saw the witch." 

"Wasn't your mom Shadyside Maia?" Simon asked from the door

"Sunnyvale, moved here a little bit after." Maia explained

"She's just like you Sam, If C. Berman survived, I'm pretty sure-"

"There may be a way for me to live too" Sam finished, the pounding on the door getting even louder. 

"Found it!" Kate said, "9006 Brennan Way" 

Deena sprinted over to the phone, going to call C. Berman. Kate quickly called out the phone number, watching Deena punch it in. 

"No ones answering" Deena said, the Berman voicemail playing in her ear. 

"I need some help here!" Simon yelled from the door, Maia jumping up to go help him keep it closed, she pushed the door shut with him. Kate followed, standing on the other side of Maia. 

"No ones there!" Deena said in a panic, "Hello, my name is Deena Johnson. I think you saw the witch." 

Suddenly, Nightwing swings back at the door with his axe, barely missing Simons face. A massive hole now in the door, Simon, Maia, and Kate screamed. Simon grabbed Maia, pushing her away from the axe, bringing himself closer. 

"This shit is not gonna hold!" He yelled

"We need to know how you survived" Deena said into the phone, Josh interrupting. 

"Hey! Were being attacked, alright? There are killers here!" Josh screamed into the phone. Nightwing's axe fully making it through the door, Simon just barely dodging the axe. On the other side of the door another bang came from it. 

"Billy-" Maia said, moving away from the door slightly. 

"If you're there please pick up! Please answer!" Deena begged

To record a new message, press one. 

"Fuck! No!" Deena shouted

Nightwing reached in through the hole grabbing Simons hair, pulling him up. 

"Help!" Kate screamed

"Holy shit!" Maia screamed, looking around the room for something to fight him with. 

"Motherfucker! Let go!" Simon screamed. Josh sprinted across the room, grabbing a protractor, stabbing it through Nightwing's hand.  Simon, Kate, and Maia ran from the door, looking for an escape.

"She died." Sam said, "She died!" 

"What? No, she's alive. That's the whole point." Deena said, rushing over

"Yeah, she survived, but- but first she died." Sam said. Nightwing and Billy swinging back and forth, slowly making their way through the door. The hole in the wood got bigger and bigger, almost wide enough for Nightwing to see through. 

"C. Berman was found in the woods. Her heart had stopped but a local boy performed CPR." Deena read

"What if this is it? What if thats how she survived? Her heart stopped. She survived by dying." Sam said 

"What is it? The fucking rhyme. The fucking rhyme!" Deena shouted

"She'll take your blood, she'll take your head, She'll follow you-" Simon started

"Until youre dead." Sam finished

"Its just like Kate said, OK? The witch wants you dead, so, we kill you. Then, just like this C. Berman bitch, we bring you back to life." 

"What are you saying?" Kate shouted

"Fuck it. I'm dying tonight one way or another. Lets try to bring me back." Sam said.

Everyone ran to the other side of the class, hopping from the window one by one. Simon helping Maia down, and then jumping down with a cheer. Running back to the ambulance everyone hopped in, confused as to where Kate was driving. 

"Lets Timothy this bitch!" Simon said. Quickly driving off, Kate sped down to the supermarket where Simon worked. Jogging through the store, Maia stopped at the employee of the month signs, letting out a small chuckle right as Simon ran next to her. 

"What, you think that's funny?" Simon asked

"Is there a problem with that? Its adorable." Maia said, looking at the same photo over and over again in frames on the wall. Simon ran behind the counter, grabbing pill bottles. Maia, Simon, and Kate would slowly steal pills from the store when Beddy couldn't get them a certain type. 

"A few months ago, my brother Timothy had an unfortunate experience." Simon began

"Very unfortunate, and most definitely an accident" Maia explained

"He ingested too much of a certain substance. He was dead for two minutes, but-" Simon said, tapping his hands on the table, his rings hitting the counter. "We got him back!"

"Kate, Maia, its time for your close ups" Deena said, the two girls pouring pills out on the table and sorting them out. 

"You need to take the pills in order, pile one takes the edge off. You're gonna feel like you're being fucked by a unicorn." Simon explained, Kate and Maia pouring more pills out onto the table. 

"Pile two is gonna bring your core temp way down. You might feel slightly sick." Simon said, more and more pills joining the piles. 

"You need to take a five-minute interval between pile two and pile three. That's really important, okay? Pile three brings you down and out so you gotta take that 'take five' or its all gonna go to shit!" Simon lectured

"How many do we have?" Kate asked

"Tons, like a thousand" 

"Wait. EpiPen's?" Deena asked

"Epinephrine, also known as adrenaline. This is what brings her back, this is Jesus!" Simon said enthusiastically.

"Its the lifeboat raft thing in this scenario, have them near or else, she's gonna end up like the original plan for old Timmy." Maia explained.

"Maia speaks the truth, you only have so much time to bring her back. Use every second wisely" Simon said, looking to Sam, her face slowly growing more and more pale. Her breath shaky, realizing the reality of the situation. 

(another short transition chapter but this fic is almost over- not very long but fun nonetheless.)