Chapter 29: Just A Dream?

Recap...

"Just text them saying we're together and not to worry. Tell them we'll be coming home late. I wanna stay for a little while longer... pleasee?~" I asked, prolonging the word 'please'.

"Fine, but only for a little while longer" He said as my eyes suddenly felt as though they weighed a thousand bricks.

"Perfect.." I said slowly as I melted more into Nick's touch. And soon a warm sleep.

===========
+~+~+~+~+~+
===========

"I can't believe ********* forgot his bag at the airport- like literally how?!" I heard the boy beside me exclaim before the two of us fell into a fit of laughter.

"I know right? Literally how-" I said before giggling, "Anyways, since we're going to the airport to get ********'s bag, can we get ice cream on our way back?"

"Y/n it's literally 8:39 PM- the store is gonna close before we even reach it" He reasoned.

"But ice cream-" I pouted.

"Fine" The boy said, extending the 'e'.

Just as I was about to cheer, I felt the car go faster- making me tightly grip on the armrests. "****** the fuck! Slow down! You're gonna get us into a car accident at this speed!" I exclaimed, fear evident in my tone and face.

"Gosh, make up your mind Y/n" The boy joked, "But fine, just because I love you" He said with a smile which soon disappeared and was replaced with a look of terror.

"*-********? What's wrong? Why aren't you slowing down?!" I asked, my legs bouncing slightly from worry.

"The- The breaks aren't working-"

"What?!" I exclaimed. I felt as all the color in my face drained and my eyes widened. "Wha-what do you mean they aren't working?!"

I watched as the boy took a deep breath and looked at me with a calm face. But his eyes betrayed him, showing immense fear. "Y/n, listen to me, okay?" I just nodded- my body still shaking. The boy seemed to notice and removed one hand from the wheel, and placed it on my thigh. "I know this is gonna sound scary.. but I might have to crash the car-"

"What?!" I screamed.

"Listen to me!! This car is going at almost 100 miles per hour on the freeway. If I don't stop this car then not only will we hurt ourselves but others- I know we'll be okay. I have faith. Faith has brought us this far already, and I doubt it'll stop us here"

"********- you can't be serious... What if one of us dies?!" I exclaimed as tears began to brim my eyes.

"It won't happen"

"How are you so sure?.." I asked in a soft and quiet voice.

"I'm not sure. I'm just believing what I want to believe. And I refuse to think that you'll die"

"********...."

He just took a deep breath, "Y/n, close your eyes" I released a shaking breath before closing my eyes. The hand on my thigh disappearing before reappearing on top of my hand. I quickly turned my hand around and held his in mine- gripping it tightly.

|| Trigger Warning: Car Accident ||

I listened as the car went to a complete silence. Soon after a few minutes, I heard ******** sigh as he tightly gripped my hand and pulling away before hearing the car tires screech against the concrete. The car heavily turning to the right. Then that's when it happened.