Chapter 8

Annabeth POV
To say I wasn't pissed would be a lie. I'm fucking livid.

Firstly, my dad calls me and tells me to come home straight, interrupting my dinner. Secondly, he tells me I need to go on a fucking date with the school jackass. Way to go, Dad.

Flashback
"WHAT?" I shouted in anger. I had reached home as quick as Alex could take me on their bike. To find out that my dad had done the unthinkable.

"You're going on a date with Luke Castellan. Whether you like it or not," my dad said sternly.

"But why? I hate that bloody bastard!" I shouted back.

"Language, young lady! And watch your tone with me!" my dad scolded, "This is what you can do after what you did to his son!"
"Did what to him?"

"Mr Castellan called me today, telling me that my daughter had not only threw his son to the ground but also got humiliated by her friend."

"I THREW HIM TO THE GROUND BECAUSE HE WAS HARASSING ME. AND HE DESERVES HIS FUCKING HUMILIATION!" I screamed in anger

"WATCH WHAT YOU SAY, YOUNG LADY! I'M YOUR FATHER AND YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME AS LONG AS YOU ARE UNDER THIS ROOF. YOU ARE GOING ON THAT DATE THIS FRIDAY OR YOU'RE UNDER CURFEW FOR THE REST OF YOUR HIGH SCHOOL LIFE!"

"ARGG!" I groaned as I picked my bag and left the studies, slamming it shut.
End of Flashback

Fucking hell, I got to go on a date with Castellan. Honestly, I think I'm just going on a date with him just so my dad still has Mr Castellan's support.

You see, the Chase family runs an archaeology company for a few generations, which had always been rich and successful. My dad is the current CEO of the company, which only came to be after a few inheritance lawsuits with my uncle Randolph.

A long story that I don't want to explain but the main gist of it is that my dad won the lawsuit which resulted in the permanent rift in the family. Uncle Randolph moved out with his family and never came back. I haven't seen him and my cousins, Emma and Audrey since I was 7.

As for Castellan, his dad runs a huge mailing company. The Hermes Express or something. Whatever historical artifacts that had been found, whether in Greece, Egypt, Italy, or gods know where, the company would be able to ship it to the States.

And me flipping Castellan led him to complain to his daddy. That may cause some inconvenience for my family's empire. Really the way to go, Dad. Throwing me to the fucking wolves.

"You alright, Beth?" I heard Reyna's voice spoke from behind me. It was lunchtime and I was sitting at our usual spot. "Definitely not, Rey," I softly replied, with my head laid on the table.

"Come on, I brought Hazel here. Introduce yourself to her first." I looked up and saw Reyna wearing a purple shirt with a dark blue jacket and jeans.

Behind her is a pretty African American girl with shoulder-length curly cinnamon brown hair and gold eyes. She was also quite short, only reaching my and Piper's shoulder height.

"Hi," she said shyly. "Hi, you must be Hazel. I'm Annabeth." I replied. "I know." She replied. Both of them then proceeded to take their sits.

"Where's Pipes?" I asked. "Don't know actually. And currently not important. What happened yesterday?" Reyna asked.

"My dad. He forced me into a date with Castellan. I'm threatened with a curfew for the rest of high school if I don't."
"Bloody jackass. When is it?"
"This fucking Friday night."
"Castellan? As in Luke Castellan? You need to go on a date with him?" Hazel gasped.