Chapter 4

Since the oldest kids wanted to be interviewed, we invited them along for our interview with Ellen. Valerie is currently at school so she will not be apart of this and I 'm not racing to have her do interviews.

Nero and I have coached the kids as much as we can but we can only hope that Ellen will be respectful in what she asks them.

"Vinnie, I have noticed that you are full of tattoos." Ellen states as she turns to my son who straightens up in his seat. "When did you start getting tattoos?"

"I began my tattoo journey when I was sixteen." A few people in the audience gasp. "I had permission from my parents and they have been apart of the journey ever step of the way. My dad specifically has been there for every tattoo session."

"Oh wow, that's something." Ellen turns to our daughter. "Genevieve, do you have any tattoos?"

My daughter nods her head, "We all have matching turtle tattoos on our foot which we got done this year."

"You guys really are a family filled with surprises

"You guys really are a family filled with surprises." Ellen says as she looks down at her cards. "How did you guys feel when your parents said that you can appear on the show?"

Nero and Vinnie are at the ends of the chair while Gen and I are seated in the middle. We really want the kids to have their moment to shine which is why we opted not to have them sit in between us.

"I was really excited because I wanted the world to see who we really are." Genevieve smiles. "Nobody really knows us and they all seem to think that we are these privileged brats."

"Our parents get a lot of hate on social media." Vinnie adds as he leans back in his seat. "Once people see how cool and loving our parents are then maybe they can chill out with the stuff that they say. We have private instagram accounts so we are able to see what people comment. I don't like going on my mom's page and seeing people slut-shaming her."

"I'm a good Christian woman." I joke to ease the tension since I know that my children hate seeing the negative comments. 

Nero stifles a laugh as he whispers in my ear, "More like a natural born sinner."

"I love seeing how you stand up for your mom." Ellen smiles at my son. "It's unfortunate to see how people behave online and I actually like that you have private accounts. Now I have to ask, how do you feel when your parents thirst trap?"

Nero and I laugh as our kids pull faces.

"We don't approve of every post." Vinnie pulls another face. "My friends and teachers see the stuff that they post but that's their page. My parents are true to themselves so what you see online, you do see in person."

"Our mom has days where she just walks around in a bikini so if she posts it then whatever, she looks good for being a mom of three." Genevieve comments and we high five. "We have hot parents, whatever."