Chapter 17

NeroMartinez: that's my kid

3,000,000 likes ~ 11,000 comments

---

The family has been spending a lot of time together but it's pretty much been us doing a lot of press talks so Nero and I decided to take the kids out for a road trip. We rented out an RV so we could get the full experience and we're hoping to be on the road for two nights while my mom watches over our home.

"I know that this past week has been crazy but I want to know how you're all feeling." I glance back at my kids who are all doing their own things. "I want your complete honesty."

Vinnie who is preparing a sandwich for his siblings looks up and shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't really feel any type of way, it's weird having everyone know my name but I'm good." He gives me the thumbs before picking up a bread knife. "The whole thing is pretty cool."

Genevieve glances up from her guitar, "I have always loved dressing you guys up for your interviews so it's been pretty interesting to be on the other side of things. Being asked a lot of questions and all the attention on social media isn't my favorite thing in the world but I do enjoy being on stage. Having my first show felt like a dream and I'm ready for hundreds more."

Her words make Nero and I smile.

"What about my little ladybug?" Nero asks our youngest who is reading through a script that he wrote.

"I kind of love it because we're spending more time together." She smiles sweetly and I reach back to give her hand a squeeze. "I just have a question."

"Hit me."

"I know you wanted me to wait until I was eighteen to start acting but this script is really good and I would love to be in a movie." Nero glances over at me as I chew on the inside of my cheek. "I feel like the odd one out."

"We never want you to feel like the odd one out." I tell her while turning over completely in my seat so we're facing eachother. "All that your father and I have ever wanted is to protect you guys from this life. You have experience a glimpse of what it is like but you haven't been around long enough to see the negative side of it."

"I don't have to be in the limelight." Valerie tries to argue. "I can film a movie with you during the holidays then go back to school."

Gen pulls a face, "Val..."

"