Chapter 19

NeroMartinez: Took the kids up to the camp that Freya and I attended as young teens

NeroMartinez: Took the kids up to the camp that Freya and I attended as young teens. It was a therapeutic moment as we reflected on the life that once we had and how that changed once we got back from camp.

3,000,000 likes ~ limited comments

---

Nero and I have had intense conversations about Valerie joining the film industry since we told eachother that we would wait until our children were eighteen. The twins did not have social media up until recently but we also opened an account for Valerie which I am still on the fence about. 

I don't want to open the door to the acting industry just yet as I fear that it may be too soon and I don't want the twins thinking that we favor their younger sibling by allowing her to do so. The twins have shown their support towards Valerie but this is something that still needs to be discussed.

"If we have our daughter star in your movie then I want everything to be transparent and there needs to be boundaries set in place." I look at Nero before glancing over at our daughter who looks excited to be in our office. "The film industry is not the kindest to children, Nero."

He sighs deeply, "I know."

Every part of me wants to fight against Valerie joining the movie this soon but I know that I will be outnumbered.

"You are overthinking the entire thing." I look up to find my mom leaning against the doorframe. "I know that you want to protect your children but that shouldn't stop you from allowing them to experience life."

"Mom." I cover my face in frustration.

"If you really don't want me to start acting now then I'll wait." I look up at the sound of my daughter's sweet voice. "I can wait five more years."

"Valerie." I cup my daughter's face. "You need to understand that this isn't coming from a bad place. All I ever wanted to do was to protect my children from this life because I have seen the good and the ugly. The world is full of people doing ugly things and I don't want to lose you before you've even found yourself."

"I'll take care of her." Nero slides the script my way. "You can read over the script and make amendments if you feel that it's not up to your liking."

"I've read your freakin' script." I push the script away. "Alive is a masterpiece waiting to be brought to life and I know that it will make our daughter a breakthrough artist. Valerie is a really talented girl and soon the world will see that which is what I fear the most."

"She's a smart girl." My mom places her hands on my shoulders and I purse my lips. "She can do this but only if you believe she can."

"Whatever." I stand to my feet before brushing past my mother. "Don't follow me."

"Freya." 

My family call out to me but I pay them no mind as I ignore them and I quickly make my way to the bedroom which I lock once I'm inside. Tears cloud my vision as I slide down the door while pondering what will happen once we let our little girl out into the world.