𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓲𝔁

|Black Widow Character Introduced|

"I have some good news and I have some bad news." Jessica threw down a stack of papers the moment she walked into pepper's office. Standing around the table were Pepper, Maria, Steve, and Tony, they all looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "which would you like to hear first."

"Well I don't know about you all but I could use some good news right about now," Tony spoke up. Despite the humor, he was trying really hard to convince powerful people that Natasha didn't murder that man. She was like a younger sister to him and she wouldn't go to jail if he had anything to say about it. 

"Well I did some digging and the man who died has no possible connection to Natasha, she has no motive for murder. And because I am that good, I tracked down this man's background. Everything you need to know about him down to what he ate on his 16th birthday."

"And how exactly is this going to help?" Tony questioned,

"Because someone wanted him dead and wanted Natasha in jail," Steve said. "Do we have a name?"

"That's where the bad news comes in." Jessica sighed. "They were never able to say who was actually murdered because their face was so unrecognizable no one could even tell who it was."

"I thought they died of a gunshot," Steve said having had read the case over ten times.

"They did." She continued. "But then whoever did the crime then tore the face apart." She said it as if it was a normal everyday occurrence.

"So who was our victim."

"Ricky Leighton," She said. "Member of a New York gang. I was able to get my contact to do a DNA test. Lucky for us Leighton came into the hospital earlier this month with a broken nose, his blood was still in the system. We are still ahead of the police, they seem to care more about getting Romanoff in jail than the actual victim. But Ricky Leighton is definitely your guy."

"Any family?"

"Does it even matter?" Jessica said. "The point of me telling you this is so that you find out who Ricky's been in contact with."

"You think he knew his killer?" Maria asked.

"I will bet you $100 that they worked together at one point. But follow these bread crumbs and I promise you'll find whatever you want to free Red from jail."

"Thank you for this Jessica," Steve said. Jessica nodded and gave him a pointed look. "Zebediah Killgrave is currently being tracked down by Barnes and Wilson, they will find and arrest him within the week."

"Good."

"I can still speak with Fury- if Zebediah pulled strings-"

"No Steve. I said I was done and I mean it." She took the sunglasses from her leather jacket. "Remember if you need anything else- call someone else." With that, she walked out of the room. Maria was looking through the file reading everything she can on the man. She handed papers that may be of some use to Pepper as she went through them.

"Do we think it's a connection work-related- or family," Pepper asked?

"I'd say work," Maria muttered. "Why?"

"Because if you can talk to Ricky's family and get them to trust you before the Police catch up with us, they would be a big help in court."

"Steve and I will go down to talk to them," Maria said closing the file. "In the meantime, Pepper I suggest you and Natasha go make a plan for court tomorrow?" Due to the case details, and police being involved, this case was taking place over multiple trials, allowing the jury to get a clear picture.