Chapter 10: Royal Lunch

A maid gently pulled the chair para paupoin ako and I sat down. As of now, we're in the dining area having lunch with the royalties. There are various food types here kabilang na yung floating fishes. I even saw an ox meat na hindi ko pa nasubukan.

"You can release your guardians, please let them eat" the King ordered at sabay silang lumabas.

Diablo sat down beside me at napatingin ako sa kanya. His expression still looks the same but I'm still bothered sa mga sinabi niya sa arc. Anong ibig sabihin niya sa the same mistake? 

The King blessed our food and we started eating. 

"What do you wanna eat?" Diablo asked

"Umm, that Ox meat" I said while pointing it. He took a small piece and ate it. To be honest, I was shocked. It was the first time he tried human food. He doesn't have any reaction at all. Is it yummy or what?

After tasting it, he took a big piece at nilagay sa aking plate. I started eating it but I noticed that he stopped eating.

"Does the food taste weird?" the Duke asked me and I shook my head because it's really delicious. The Duke and King glanced at Diablo who stopped eating.

"My apologies if that offended you Your Highness but the food tastes good" he said casually. I never knew he was respectful.

"You stopped after taking a bite. May I know the reason?" the King asked

"For my master's safety purposes" he answered but it's a little confusing. I don't get it at all.

The King chuckled. Oh God, seeing him smile melted my heart.

"Don't worry, the foods doesn't have poison. Miss Lotus is safe." the King replied

"That's a good habit, did Miss Lotus ordered you to do so?" the Duke asked

"No sir, it's just one of my own precautions" he replied and they nodded

"Looks like you have a trusted partner right there, Miss Lotus" the Duke said with a smile so I smiled.

I really don't know why Diablo is doing it, although I appreciate it, I have to ask him later about this. 

Every time I get a new dish, he will et it first before I can. After we had lunch the King offered us desserts and to talk about what happened during the exam.

"We have homemade cakes and ice creams here, which one would you like to eat?" the King asked

"Ice cream!" Velvet and Aqua said in chorus and I nodded because I like ice cream as well

"How about you? You didn't eat properly, baka naman may gusto kang dessert" he asked Diablo

"Thank you for asking Your Highness but I only eat one type of meal in a week." he answered.

"Oh, I see. What is it? I can get you anything you want." the King asked 

"I don't think so Your Highness because my only meal is my master's blood" he answered with a smile

I saw how shocked their faces were at umiwas nalang ako ng tingin. Kailangan ba talaga sabihin yun? Ang awkward.

When the ice cream arrived, we ate silently and they asked some questions about the exam. I really have interest on telling them about Amazon's wicked doings but Aqua told them. Velvet also explained that me and the other people from there were bullied and I defended them. 

They also explained how strong Diablo is. They even told them that I ordered Diablo to kill and the next thing they knew, everything was in pieces. I can say that their relationship with their family is healthy.