14. Where in the World is Severus Snape?

I wanted to take the time to thank you all for being so patient and for the kind words.  I've decided that I'm determined to finish the story, and the updates may be slow, but I will do it!  Plus, thanks to Bianca, which is the reason I have dedicated this chapter to her, I also have an idea for another Severus Snape love story!  Hopefully, I'll be posting that one once this one is finished.

************************************************************************************************************

Serena made sure that Harry was safe with Dumbledore at Hogwarts before she and Sirius made a trip back to her home.  They were cautious as they entered and had no trouble getting Harry's things and getting out, much to their surprise.  If there had ever been an opportunity to attack, that would have been it.  

Serena and Sirius dropped Harry's things off just inside the front door, after Filch let them in the castle, and then went straight to Dumbledore's office, where they knew Harry would be waiting for them.  Dumbledore opened the door for them as soon as they arrived.  He swiftly raised his finger to his lips and urged them inside.  He closed the door without a sound.

Serena couldn't help but smile as her eyes rested on the little boy she had come to love as her own.  She felt Sirius come to a stop beside of her, his attention focused on him as well.  Harry was sitting behind Dumbledore's desk, slumped slightly down in the chair, his eyes shut tight.  He was sleeping.  His arms were hanging over the chair arms, one of them holding his wand.

"He's tuckered out, but he never let go of that wand," Sirius whispered.  He whirled around.  An amused smile was on Albus's face.  "How long did he last after we left?"

"About ten minutes," Serena guessed, her voice low.  "Am I right?"

Albus chuckled.  "He didn't hardly make it to ten but he was extremely lively while his eyes were open."  He grinned.  "Sirius, maybe you should take him up to his dorm room.  Let him sleep for a couple of hours.  Serena, you can stay in there with him until term starts.  It's only a couple of days."

Serena nodded.  "I think that's a good idea."

Sirius tiptoed over to Dumbledore's chair and slipped Harry's wand out of his hand.  He tossed it over to Serena, along with his glasses, once they had been removed.  She held onto them as Sirius scooped Harry up in his arms, careful not to wake him, and met Dumbledore's eyes.

"Gryffindor?"

Albus smiled and nodded.  "For now.  We won't know until the sorting."

Serena cocked her head to the side curiously.  "Sorting?"

"Yes.  You didn't get to experience the typical sorting, but you remember the hat?"

"I do remember."

"Where did you have your sorting then?" Sirius asked.

Serena grinned.  "Right here in this office."

Sirius shook his head.  "It's still hard to believe that you were sorted into Slytherin."

She blushed.  "I know.  I still can't believe it either, but I don't regret it.  Not one day."

Albus rubbed his chin.  He had been thinking as the two of them were talking and he was having second thoughts.  When Sirius started out the door, he stopped him.  "Maybe not the Gryffindor dormitory.  Take him to Severus's chambers in the dungeons.  Do you know the way?"

Sirius nodded.  He had been down there a couple of times.  "Where the old Potion master used to stay, right?"

"Yes."