(1.) Lost.

Disclaimer: I don't own An American Tail. I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(Au where Fievel didn't find his parents.)

(Hope you enjoy.)

Fievel gave up.

Sitting in the street. Pouring pain hammering down on the poor mouse sniffing in agony. Head buried in his knees to stifle the sobs.

He'd looked everywhere. Under every cranny, rock, building, and placed not worth mentioning.

Everywhere.

As if his parents didn't want him anymore, the mouse kid say there staring into the abyss.

Why are mama and papa not here?

All one the city. Where they were supposed to be location, he even sat the ship they travelled on parked on the docks.

He knew they were here. He knew.

Yet they weren't there.

His one sister called once. His hearing picked up his name, a hint of sadness hidden. It had to be.

Of course, it turned out to be bad news.

A new family going into their home. Fievel sighed, looking into his clothes emptily. Hope sparked throughout his journey in the city of America.

Where he was in anyway.

Not knowing the name, only the street known as Orphan's Alley.' Little mice sat sad just like Fievel.

Just like him.

He's not the only one. He could even try to befriend some of these, form a new kind of family...

He's alone.

Everyone abandoned him. No one searched. Bothering to set a party and luckily run into him.

Fievel realises no one's coming.

So he plopped onto his hat, made a determined face and starting trudging into the darkness of the city streets of wherever he was.

It swallowed him whole.

"You are nothing."

"Your family don't care."

"Our family ain't coming either."

"Your not the only orphan."

Fievel trudged past other orphans. Whispers filled the streets as he walked past emotionlessly.

Expressing weakness could be the end.

His family slowly faded as his thoughts focused elsewhere. No longer concerned with anything formerly important.

Even forgetting his little sister. His sibling.

His moma and papa. Not concerned.

So he forgot and set off into the streets of American. Determined to make it on his own. He'd been on the run a long time.

Survival was necessary now.