Concerns About the Crown Princess Position

Chapter 34

Empress Anya's POV

What a great morning. I'm teasing Victor. I'm with my beloved husband. And my adored little princess is here with me again. I started to get used to having Ash around. It would be a pleasure if I make Ash the crown princess. Since Claude and Ash are really good for each other. I can fantasize about it now. This empire deserves someone like Ash for the future emperor's wife. She is not just beautiful she has the features of a real ruler.

Speaking of Ash, we are now both together drinking tea. Her father is with Mason at the library. I think they'll also be visiting Claude and Alejandro. In this Lobelia Palace, there is a wide garden with a glass greenhouse. I'm with her, inside the glass greenhouse. Ashlyn has only been the only noble girl with who I had an audience. Since what happened two years ago with Ash and the other noble daughters. I notice my awareness of other's real behavior was getting weak. Realizing it. I'll be watching not just my back but also the patricians. "It's refreshing isn't it?" I asked. Ash nodded. I set my cup down. I want an answer from her. Although she's just 11 and at a young age. I want to know if she wants a position in our royal family. Since the other duchies are making a move. About the heiress position.

"Ash, do you want to be the crown princess?" My tone was serious. Ash continued sipping her tea then stopped. "Aunt, the duchy is already an insane place. Yet the royal structure is far more dangerous than the aristocrats. I am not petrified of those kinds of stuff nor worried about it. A ruler's wife has many responsibilities to her husband, to her family, the royal family, the empire along the power and authority she holds. If you think I'm worth those things or I'm more than that. Royal aunt, I'm far from your expectations." Ash said. Now, I don't see a young Mia Ashlyn De Alegro. I only see a great sovereign. I was mesmerized when she talked as if I saw a monarch leading the whole world right in front of me. Ash was right she is far from my or other's expectation. She has a bright future more than an Emperor's wife is. I smiled, "Ash, a moment ago, I saw someone I used to know. You were like portraying him. If my daughter, the princess was still alive. She could have been someone like you. You could have had a little older playmate." Ashlyn gave me a confused look. I chuckled. If only my other child was alive.

"You had a daughter?" Ashlyn was hesitant for a moment to ask. "Yes, my daughter's name was supposed to be Alaina. She was my child from my ex-husband. Yes, I was a remarried person. You know if my daughter was alive, Mason would be happy. His happiness was my happiness. In the past, I grieve for my daughter's life. And your royal uncle was there with me." She was sipping tea. I saw how her shoulders fell. I laugh, she didn't have a reaction written on her face. But her actions speak what response she won't say. "My daughter died because I had a complication of giving birth at that time. And my ex-husband was a villager. My parents weren't opposed to my relationship with my mere villager lover. However, a circumstance happens that led me to a decision I need to make. It was really fate that put us on a trial. That he and I failed. It's alright. It's been many years since we divorced. Add to that, I haven't seen that scum since then." I laugh as I reminisce about my life with my ex-husband before.

True, I loved him. Nevertheless, it's already in the past. He must be happy now. Furthermore, my sons and Mason are already worth my life. The settlement I did before was the way of giving me my family now.

"It.... It must be hard for royal aunt to experience your hardships." She voiced. She looked straight into my eyes. Her blue eyes gleam sadness. This child, it's like this child has gone through many things. It has always been like this when I'm with her. Like I'm talking to a much older person than me. "It was." I nodded as an answer. "Aunt, why are you telling me this?" A sudden question she gave. I firstly shrugged, "I also don't know. I just really had a feeling to open up to you, little Ash." I confess.