Office

Chapter 14

In today's incident, the viscount didn't let the party take long. He finished the party and sent the guests back to their residents. The only ones who remain are the royal siblings which are prince Alejandro and crown prince Claude.

Ezekiel, Adrian, crown prince Claude, prince Alejandro and Ashlyn we're in the office of the viscount. They will talk about Ashlyn's issue and judge her. If she's innocent then she will not have any punishments but if she really did it then her father will decide her punishment.

The viscount was walking up the stairs to his office. Opening the door, he saw her daughter sitting and besides her is his older son Ezekiel and the royal siblings which were prince Alejandro and prince Claude. He noticed his other son Adrian is sitting opposite her little sister's. And yet he didn't mind. He sat at the center where his table is.

"Ashlyn, I want to know the truth, are you the one who instructed the maid to make a scene and to you to have a chance to steal the brooch? If so why?" her father was full of curiosity but to himself, he feels that why can't he be furious about what she did? Why can't he pull himself to punish her? Why does it feel familiar? Why can't he shout at her for doing something sinful? Many questions bothered him. He was in a daze when his second son called him. He sobered up and looked to her daughter who was kneeling. "Father, I was mesmerized by the color and its history. I read in one of my history books about the royal family brooch. How the first emperor made ten pieces of brooch for every offspring of the royal family. And how the brooch is being passed down from a child to a child of the royal family. That's why I planned something bold. I planned to steal it. I will accept any punishment you will give or the royal siblings give, father. Father, brothers, and his majesties I'm sorry for doing this sin." Her father was still staring at her deep blue eyes. He is like finding something beyond it. Beyond her soulless eyes. But yet he couldn't stand it and sight. He stands up and helped her up and then let her sit at the chair. When she sat, her father kneeled on one knee then patted her head. Everyone didn't look surprised except Adrian. 'Father, what were you thinking? Just punish her now.' Adrian said to himself. While in Ashlyn's thought was 'This is the first time, father. This is the first time that you defended me. You have never cared what I do, what I felt, what I suffer. Will this be a memorial reincarnation that I won't forget?'

Her father stood and face the royal siblings then he bowed his head while his hands are touching each other in the front. "Your majesties, this viscount is apologizing for what my daughter did. I will punish her after this. I know what she did is a great sin. I'll apologize on behalf of her." Ashlyn saw what his father did and step forward then bowed also. His brother Ezekiel didn't stand it, he copied what his little sister did. While he was bowing his head, he saw two shadows bowing also. He looked who was it he saw his older son and his little daughter bowing and smiling at him.

"Your majesties, I may have done something out of the line. And I'm sorry about it. So please don't pour your anger at my family." Alejandro and Claude saw how brave the daughter of De Alegro is. The two looked at each other then smiled. "Grand viscount, I forgive your daughter. No one will indeed be curious about our family brooch. Our brooch has lavender-like color and history about it. Grand viscount it's already late I think we may go now. And oh, please give your daughter a light punishment." Happiness was in their eyes. While anger was seen in the eyes of his second brother Adrian.

The viscount walked the royal siblings outside, he thanked and apologize to them many times. The royal siblings just smiled and laughed while saying 'It was alright, we forgive her already. We know she didn't really have a bad intention about the brooch. We also know she was just fascinated about the brooch.' Still, the viscount was thankful. It was the first time that the royal siblings saw what the grand viscount did. Because they know him as a merciless and fearless fighter in the battleground and the court of the duchy. They saw how he was confused about caring for her little daughter Ashlyn. Not only him also his older son Ezekiel who was always serious and strict can be a caring and gentle brother. It was quite a surprise seeing how the De Alegro family members can be so caring for their little adopted lady. The De Alegro family is known on the battlefield and in the duchy. All heads of the family were always assisting the emperor to emperor in every reign. The De Alegro family was titled 'The Sword and Shield That Shed Blood' and that's how other lower ranks formally greeted them. The family was also known as a knight's family that's why most of the knights in the imperial palace are the De Alegro's knights.

The royal siblings ride their carriage while the viscount was looking at them going away 'It was a really a rare sight seeing them worry and cared for the little lady. The family who shed blood and who is cruel on the battlefield can be this loving to a lovely daughter like Ashlyn." Claude said while looking outside the window. "You're right, brother." Alejandro agreed.