Chapter 3: New Crib 💒

RAVEN (Ma Dukes) POV

Welcome back home, this is my city

Welcome back home, this is my city. Don't get me wrong na, I love tf outta the city. But to keep it a buck I was ready to get the FUCK out of there for sure. My babies were pretty upset with me that I just uprooted them from they "fake" friends and our family members. But we got family out here too. They can also make friends ad get new boy toys out here. Besides it was me and my husband's plan to move out here a long time ago to Atlanta. I remember it like it was yesterday.

4 years prior...

"We gotta get out of this town Ray forreal." Aaron states while laying on my booty, while we watch Lifetime movies.

"All these killings don't make the shit no better." I agree.

"And I'll be damned if my girls get shot or killed out here in these streets over some street bulllshit." He states again.

"I agree bae, I'll go crazy if something were to happen to them." I imply.

"Where you wanna move to? Let's plan this out now!" He exclaims.

When he would get excited, he would pull out the MAC book and his legal pad and plan out some shit for us. That is what I miss about my husband the most, he was a leader for sure.

"Atlanta." I reply

"Atlanta? Are you sure?" He assures.

"Yes bae, that's where I'm from. It's becoming a booming city again. We could be a success out there. Plus our jobs can transfer out there remember we were looking." I utter.

"You right bae we really can relocate out there and the girls can most definitely attend a private school out there." He states.

Everything we planned for our family he and I made sure to complete it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My husband knew he was going to pass before I even knew he didn't want me or the girls to worry. He made a joint bank account and put went out and paid our mortgage off plus bought our new home out here in Atlanta. He paid the mortgage off on this new house too. He got a really good deal from this realtor company out here that is Black-owned called Real Houses of Atlanta.

The girls don't even know they have a $500,000 trust fund for each of them once they turn 25 they'll be able to receive it.

I know what you are probably thinking how did we accumulate all of this money over the years and why didn't we leave Illinois sooner?

My husband before our kids was born and even before we got together;  he was an heir to a business company in Chicago. His great-great grandpa, owned a lot of property in the Chi and he owned several apartments, houses, and stores; he made his money from the rent prices. Owning all those businesses and running the family business helped my husband stay rich. He paid for his college and got his degrees he even paid for me to finish my schooling and receive my nursing degree.