ONE - FIRST DAY OF THE LAST YEAR

BO

"Bo!" Westley cheered running down the student parking lot.

I let out a sigh, before feeling the impact of my best-friend nearly crushing my ribs. Despite being so small, his strength is impressive.

Our height difference is quite something. The smaller boy is only 5'7 while I was 6'2. Meaning, he only reaches my chest. Often times I have to look down just to talk to him.

Not that there is a need to read his lips. West is . . . loud. There is not really another way to put it. He shouts nearly everything in an excited manner. He's- bubbly. To say at the very least.

"Too tight."

"Heh, sorry" he breathed out burying his head in my armpit (awkward but sweet in a way), "I just get so excited to see you!"

He stepped away, looking up at me, smiling widely. I didn't return the same thing, still trying to recover from the hell that he calls a hug. "We just saw each other yesterday."

"So, that's like a twelve hours."

My eyebrows knitted in worry. West always becomes more clingy when something is going on at home.

If his dad could just raise his son, he wouldn't be so fucked up. I hate his dad. I hate the way he treats him. You think he would learn from loosing his wife, but no.

"Everything okay?"

His smile faltered slightly before nodding quickly. I frowned, noticing his sleeves. He never wears sleeves. Not if he doesn't have anything to hide. What is he hiding?

"Show me your arms."

"Can we just get through the school day?" He beamed intertwining our fingers, guiding me out of the student parking lot.

I took the opportunity to look at our hands. His are so much smaller and fragile then mine. I was a giant. Thanks to my father, who's even bigger then me. He's 6'5. Tall as fuck. Large as well.

He's a personal trainer so he pretty much lives at the gym. Meaning, he's bulky. My mother is the same. She can even lift more then him. Both are very masculine. There's no power dynamic in that relationship. Everything is split evenly. Cooking, cleaning, and laundry.

"Just cause it's the first day I will drop it till we hangout later."

"Whatever you have to tell yourself, big man."

Big man, my nickname. Originates from when we first met. I was larger than the rest of the children. Muscular at the age of five and very tall. Six foot by the age of 15. West was small. When we became friends he started calling me that. Guess it's just stuck. Despite all these years.

We finally reached the school doors, as soon as they were opened loud voices rang throughout my ears. I could feel his hand tighten around me. I frowned, holding his hand tighter.

West gets nervous. A lot. Especially with loud voices. Poor thing cries anytime someone raises their voice at him.

My eyes scanned the room, finding all sorts of familiar faces. Most of which I did not like. There's only two people in this god-for-saken school I like. West and Amiya. Everyone else could die for all I care.