TWENTY THREE

WESTLEY

Three weeks later . . .

Time has moved agonizingly slowly over the past few weeks. Anxiety has trembled my every being. Was my father going to take Bo to court? We've waited on that answer for far too long. I know these things take time; I know I shouldn't dwell on it, yet I couldn't help it. I just got Bo back. I don't want to let him go again.

"Hey, baby." Bo smiled, walking into my house.

"Hi." I smiled, watching as he sat next to me on the couch.

"Wanna help me up to my room?"

He nodded before muttering a quick hello to Mrs. Jada and Mr. Emerson. They smiled before turning their attention back to the TV. Living with them has been a bit difficult. They feel a lot of guilt for what happened, despite me telling them over and over nothing could've prevented this. My father would not let me leave without having a lasting impact on me.

Bo grabbed me carefully, making sure to support my leg, before carrying me to my room. He set me down carefully on the bed, glancing down at me with a small smile.

"What?"

"You're so pretty." He hummed, climbing in the bed with me.

Pink tinged at my cheeks at his affectionate mouth. Bo grabbed my remote, scrolling through Netflix, as he always did, before landing on some comedy movie.

We laid side by side, watching, chuckling occasionally. Until Bo grabbed me by my collar and pulled me to his chest. Hearing his heart beat seemed to affirm that he was okay. Alive and well. It made me feel at ease. It made me feel at peace.

"Oh your dad dropped the charges."

"What?" I nearly yelled

"He dropped the charges-"

"No I heard you. When did you find out?"

"Yesterday."

"And you're telling me today?"

"Well yeah," he hummed, "I didn't think about it till now."

I shook my head, planting a kiss on his lips. For once I felt calm, at peace even. I'm safe. Bo is safe and happy. I have a handful of people who care for me deeply. What more could I ask for?

"Our one month is coming up." He brought up

I nodded, glancing up. "We should fuck all night."

Bo cheeks tinged a bright shade before nodding slowly. I loved how shy he got around me. Yet, still asserted his dominance with me. It was the perfect balance.

Bo gave a small smile, pecking me once again. Once he pulled away, I took the opportunity to appreciate  our size difference which is almost comical. Yet it made me feel so safe. Even our hands. My fingers weren't nearly as long, my hand was much smaller, feminine. While Bo's were larger, veins popping out, and rough. His callus nipped my skin ever so slightly, which was comfortable in a way.

"They want me to go on the stand against my dad."

Bo glanced at me with a worried look, "Do you want to do that?"

"I think so." I muttered, clutching onto his shirt a bit tighter, "It's a jury trial and I could convince them to add onto his sentence."

"I'll be there no matter what you choose, you know that?"

"I do." I hummed, turning my attention back to the TV.

________

A few weeks later

"Westley, could you come to the stand?"

I gave short nod, squeezing Bo's hand and taking a seat. I felt his eyes trained on me, as I walked up and sat. I know Bo thinks this all may be too much for me, but I have grown since. I no longer am the victim. 

"Are you prepared to give your statement?" The public defender asked.

"Yes, ma'am." I sighed, looking directly in my father eyes, he shifted a bit in his seat, clenching his jaw. "My father was a kind man when my mother was still alive. Over the years alchol and grief consumed him." I looked away addressing the rest of the court room.

"The last time we saw eachother my leg was broken, this happened after he kidnapped me from my safe home, and he broke it to make sure I couldn't leave." Tears welled in my eyes, "However, that incident does not scratch everything over the years. My ribs, my left arm, my elbow, my hand, my toes, all of that has been broken at the hands of my father. This does not include the daily bruises or scratches."

A tear finaly fell as I sniffled, "All of this does not even compare to the emotional and occassional sexual abuse I was subjected to."

Several gasps echoed around the room. Not that it mattered to me. My eyes only stayed trained on one person. Bo's eyes shot up to me, mouth hanging. I looked away, not being able to bear all of this coming to the surface. 

No, I did not tell him about the sexual abuse and I never planned on telling a soul. Yet, here I was announcing my trauma to a room. It only proves how deeply I needed my father behind bars. 

"My father may serve little time, but the long-lasting affects of his abusive nature will be something that I battle every single day." Guilt wracked my fathers face as he shook his head looking away, no longer able to look at me. I shook my head glad I was almost done with my statement.

"I used to wonder why the world failed me. Why did teachers not take action? Why did the police not take me away one of the many times they visited? Why didn't CPS do their job and protect me? Now, my safety and well-being lyes in your hands once again. I hope you make a decision that serves me justice."

I felt air resurface to my lungs once I finished. I finally looked up once again. Tears upon tears filled the room, specifically Bo. I knew that look, the very look he gave my father before nearly killing him. Pure rage and empathy laced every feature of his face. 

"Thank you, Westley."

I gave a curt nod before taking my place back at my seat. Bo instantly put our hands back togehter. He gave me such a soft touch, despite the murderous look pointed at my father. My thumb circled his hand, pulling his attention back to me. 

He read my mind, like he always does, a soft peck was placed on my cheek before muttering, "I'm so proud of you, baby."

__________

Fifteen years. That's how much my dad got, no parol. I couldn't help but feel relief at my very feet as Bo and I continued on with our senior year. 

a/n: i hope your holidays went well! only two more chapter left of this book and an epilogue.

take care of yourselves :)