Rose

4

"Katherine, Katherine, Katerina"

~🤍~

1864

   "Tell me kat, who are these boys that seem to be your new entertainment?" Valentina asked, amusingly.

"Their names are Damon and Stefan Salvatore, real handsome men," Katerina smiled, thinking of the boys she was currently infatuated with.

"Well, I'll take your word for it, as I won't stick around long enough to find out" Valentina absentmindedly said, missing the frown on Katerina's face, that left as fast as it came.

"Well that's a shame, i'm sure that you would've loved them." Katerina whispered,

      Turning to face the girl she'd secretly started to care for.

                                  __

  Damon narrowed his eyes at  Valentina, confusion taking over his expression, Why did she look so shocked?

At first his ego wanted to take over and say she's just heard of him over the years, and is  simply  putting a name to the face, but he knew better than that.

The girl in front of him clearly knew more than she had let on, and considering she knew about Petrova doppelgängers, he couldn't help but think she had some sort of connection to Katherine,

"Do you know a Katherine, by any chance?" He questioned her.

keeping her cool demeanor, she let out a small sigh, debating if she should be truthful or not,

"Yes, I did."

Valentina was wary of what she said, knowing full and well, that whatever she said to Damon, wouldn't just stay with Damon.

She was also slightly worried that he'd try and kill her because of her association with Katerina, Given, that he was also the same being who put her in a tomb, their relationship couldn't have been anything but bad.

"You know, the more I talk to you, the more of a liability you make yourself,"

"So tell me, why the hell are you in this town?" Whispered Damon,

Leaning in closer, presumably trying to pass off as taunting, or better yet threatening.

"I am not your enemy, if that's what you're worried about, hell I didn't even know any of you existed until yesterday!" She exclaimed, and as she did so, thanks to her peripheral view she could see Stefan let out a sigh of relief from behind Damon. Who was now approaching their table, afraid his brother would make a scene.