Friends?

10

"Friends. Frenemys, who knows?"

 Frenemys, who knows?"

~🤍~

A night where  Valentina thought she could rest, and keep to herself, was ultimately taken from her with a ring of a cellphone. Just as Valentina stood one foot inside her home, the ring of her cellphone echoed, devouring the silence that once was in the in-closeted area.

"Hey, it's Stefan." He spoke through the phone. "Hey Stefan, what's up??" She greeted, , kicking her shoes off with pure exhaustion. "You know Caroline's feeling kind of down right now, I mean she says she's fine, but obviously she's not." He rambled, "I mean...that's expected considering she got tortured for like.....hours," Valentina muttered, a hint of sarcasm in her tone.

"Right. Well I was thinking of throwing her a girls night to cheer her up."

"Well that's sweet.....care to tell me why I have to know this?" Valentina questioned, her eyes furrowed. "Well I thought, Caroline seems to like you sooo..."He suggested, and Valentina could imagine the small smirk on his face. "No. Absolutely not. I'm a 700 year old woman, what would I be doing hanging around teenagers??" She argued.

"Valentina come on! Caroline's your friend, don't ruin that just because you claim to be 'closed off' and 'emotionless' "

"First of all, I've never claimed any of that, and second of all i'd be so out of place. It's just better for me to not go." She claimed, flopping onto her couch, an assortment of pillows beneath her.

"You're either coming willingly, or i'm dragging you here myself. Your choice." Stefan threatened, hanging up shortly after.

With an unnecessarily loud groan, Valentina stared at the shoes she had just thrown across the room. "This better be the slumber party of my life, or i'll drag Stefan back to those damn wolves." She incoherently mumbled.

-

The day after the slumber party, was the day Valentina knew she'd be getting the answers she was looking for. It was more than safe to say, that the newest doppelgänger had trusted her, and could go as far as viewing her as a friend.

Although Valentina had no ill intentions, she did think Elena would have to work on putting so much trust in vampires, and now tribrids she hardly knew.

However it seemed Elena wasn't her only new-found acquaintance as Carol Lockwood seemed to slither her way into Val's life as well.The older women some how finding a way to rope Valentina into some event she was holding, claiming it a chance for her to "get around," Therefore, deeming  Valentina an attendee.