SHE HELD SUCH CRUEL POETRY IN HER EYES

A N G E L O ' S    P O V

A N G E L O ' S P O V

LAST NIGHT

"Signore, we have arrived." My driver announced, I gave a nod and thanked him for the ride before getting out. Seeing this fucking office and this fucking city fills my gut with bile. Boring and unpleasant. Don't get me started on the people. A bunch of snobs and lousy assholes just waiting to fuck someone.

Flashing lights from the paparazzi surrounds me, if I wasn't wearing sunglasses, I am sure I would be blind. As soon as one of the flashes stops another camera flashes in front of me, Leonardo De Caprio could never.

The uprising questions leave me to roll my eyes. It's the same thing every day, I wonder when things will be different. "Congratulations on the big win, Mr Santis!" I ignore them, I can't deal with this shit today and I need a fucking drink.

-

"Good afternoon, Sir," Penelope greets in her barely covered clothing. "Morning, Mrs Edwards." Yes, she's married, yet has filed a divorce and is a mother of two kids. Penelope walks into the office and stands right next to where I am seated.

"I thought we passed the formalities," She chuckles fakely, she's about to play with my hair when I stop her. Penelope has been hitting on me ever since she became my PA. I won't deny that she is hot, but she's too clingy. "Inside this building you are Mrs Edwards and outside," I stand up, towering over her, bringing my hand to her throat.

"You are nothing," I whisper in her ear, holding a firm grip on her throat, "Is that understood?" She's smirking and has this lustful look in her eyes, she's enjoying this. What a dirty girl. "Yes, Sir," Penelope bites her lip and as I look down at her, her cleavage is so exposed that I can see she is not wearing a bra, her nipples are hard and are peeking out of her blouse.

I push her away and sit down in my leather seat. Penelope licks her red-stained lips and rolls her eyes playfully. "Take these files down," I ordered, she grabbed the files and before she left she winked and attempted to say 'goodbye' in a seductive Italian tone but it turned out to be repulsing.

Fuck, I have had it today. After typing up the last email, I switched off my laptop and headed to the window to see if Manhattan was looking any different, I was wrong. It looked dead with the usual traffic leading to the upper west side.

The weather wasn't making it any better, the bright sun in the morning had disappeared and the dark side had cast its spell on the city. I was so ready to leave this city tomorrow evening, go back to a place more lively, more home. Go back to my family.

My phone began to ring, interrupting my peace, digging my hand into my pocket, I fished it out to see my brother calling. "Fratello," I greeted, "Angelo." Valerius greeted me back, the laughter in the background brought a smile to my face.