HIS TOUCH HAD TAINTED ME WITH TEMPTATION

N Y R A ' S   P O V

N Y R A ' S P O V

I didn't waste any time and left to sit in my usual quiet corner. Setting the book on the varnished table, I switched on the little lamp since it was getting quite dark. The man hung his long black coat behind the chair before sitting opposite me, he opened his book, reading it from perhaps where he left off since it was bookmarked.

I was surprised how I haven't met him here before. He wasn't an old rich man with an expensive watch on his wrist and dressed in a suit. No. He looked slightly older than me and dressed in black dress pants with a white shirt, his first button undone.

His sleeves were rolled up, I had clenched my legs together, streams of his veins ran up his forearms and a small cross tattoo on his right hand made him look irresistible. Instead of focusing on the book in front of me, I was, with no shame, eye-fucking him.

Before he could look up, I quickly looked down at the book in front of me, pretending I was reading. I feel like a teenage girl, picking out every detail of their crush except he isn't my crush. I wondered whether he knew it was me from last night, I hoped he didn't but some part of me wanted him to remember.

Nyra, focus.

-

My eyes began to tear up as I yawned. A tear slipped out of my eye and fell on the page in front of me, I think I was coming down with a cold. "Are you ok?" His voice was deep and his Italian accent came off with such dominance, I had to cross my legs once again. "I'm fine, my eyes are just watery." I smiled, sniffling. God, I didn't know it was going to be this cold today.

I looked at my phone and realised it was near closing time, getting up, I typed the page number on the notes app and got up, placing the book back on the shelf. The man got up and placed his book where it belonged and walked towards me.

"Nyra." I gulped and my eyes widened. "How do you know my name?" He came so close to me that my back was pressed against the bookshelf. "I know more than just your name," His minty breath fanned over my face and I felt my legs grow weaker each time he spoke.

"I know how well you dance," I stared into his hypnotic orbs, "I don't know what you are talking about." I lied, why you ask, I don't know. "Don't lie, piccola, you were dancing for me last night." He towered over me and I felt safe for once.

"I had no choice, it's my job, piccolo." I whispered, a slight growl made me bite my lip. I have never had a man this close to me before. "I know it is and I am your boss." He chuckled. I like his laugh. He was my new boss, who had me pinned against a bookshelf. Wow.

(T: baby)

His fingers glided up the length of my neck, making me shudder slightly. "You're burning up, tesoro," The way he whispered Italian in my ear made my body light up. "Take a few days off," I was about to disagree when he placed his hand over my mouth and shook his head. I stayed mummed.