Chapter 21

~~~~~~~~~~~Jake's Point of View~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watch the paramedics carry Mia into the back of the ambulance.

"Can I please ride with her?", I ask one of the paramedics.

"Kid, I don't know you, but you should probably get out of the way, unless you are related to her in some sort of way, I guess", he responds.

"I'm her boyfriend", I spit out.

'Boyfriend' - I like the sound of that.

"Sure then", he says leading me into the back of the ambulance.

I have never ridden in an ambulance before. I was told to sit on the seat in the corner, and I watched the paramedics take care of Mia. Seeing her in this much pain forces more tears, making me cry even harder.

5 minutes later.....

 When we arrive at the hospital, the paramedics stroll the bed into the emergency room, and I run to catch up. 

I run and run, until they take her into a room and don't allow further access for me.

"Young man, I'm afraid you're going to have to sit in the waiting room", a nurse instructs, showing me the way to the waiting room.

"Okay", I reply, heading for a blue chair. 

30 minutes later.....

I sit impatiently, picking at my nails and checking the clock every 5 seconds, waiting to hear results on how Mia was doing.

FINALLY a doctor comes out, asking to see me in a private room, to tell me what was wrong.

"Please, have a seat", he instructs. I do as he says.

"Jake, is it?", he asks.

"Yes", I reply.

"You're the... hmmmm... boyfriend?.... of Mia?", he asks again.

"ummm, yea", I stumble. He nods, and flips through a bunch of papers. He then puts them down, and focuses for once.

"Mia's ankle has a small break in the lower area of the bone", he continues, showing me an x-ray of Mia's injured ankle.

"Fortunately, since the injury hasn't caused any severe damage, the maximum she will need to be wearing a cast is about a month", he says in a serious tone.

"Okay", I respond, trying not to piss him off, because he seemed very suspicious of me, like was the one who injured her.

"She is resting her hospital room at the moment, but you are welcome to visit her now, or at any time that you are comfortable with", he explains.

"So, I can go see her now?", I ask.

"Sure, let me take you there", he says, standing up and opening the door for me.

We take an elevator to the 3rd floor, and then stop in room 301.

"I'll let you have a moment with her", he says, opening the door to let me in. He shuts the door and walks away, so that I am the only one in the room with Mia.

"Jake?", I hear her sweet, soft voice ask.

I turn around, noticing that she just woke up, and rubbed her eyes.

"Mia!", I scream, running to her bedside. She sits up, and then wraps her arms tightly around my body.

"Oh my God", she whispers, tears flowing down her cheeks. I cry too.

"Are you crying?", she asks smiling, and wiping her tears away.

"Mabey", I reply, also wiping my tears.

I bring her face to mine, kissing her in relief. It felt good to know that she was okay.

"Hey Mi- Oops!! Woah, sorry", I hear Austin's sister, Lana, say, caught off guard seeing us kiss.

"It's okay, you can come in", Mia says laughing. Her laugh is so beautiful.

"Am I inturrupting?", Lana asks.

"No", I reply smiling at Mia.

"How's the ankle?", Lana asks Mia.

"Fine", she responds to Lana.

"Your parents are on their way here. Yours are too, Jake", she says.

"Is Austin here?", I ask Lana.

"Yea", she replies.

"Hi", Austin barges in. 

"Jake, Mia's mom is taking the both of you home", he says.

"Okay", Mia replies. I hand her the crutches that are leaning on the right side of her hospital bed, and help her stand up.

"You got it?", I ask her. She nods, shaking as she attempts to move around. Mia's still in her soccer uniform, and so am I. Her ponytail is a mess, but she still looks amazing.

"THERE SHE IS!!!", Mia's mom screams as she runs up to hug her.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?!", she says between tears.

"Yea I'm fine mom", Mia replies.

"Let's head out to the car", her mom says again, waving good-bye to Austin and Lana.

I follow them to the parking lot.