Chapter 22

~~~~~~~~Mia's Point of View~~~~~~~~

I stumble as I use my crutches to help me inside of my mom's car. Jake helps me in. 

We both sit in the back, and I lean my head on his shoulder as he strokes my hair.

"You must be Jake?", my mom asks.

"Yes", he replies.

"Thank you so much for taking care of Mia, it means a lot to me", she says, smiling at Jake.

"The doctor said that you were listed as... Mia's boyfriend", she pauses, I feel a lump in my throat form. My mom doesn't know about me and Jake.

"Yea, about that..", Jake starts.

"It's fine, I'm actually happy to know she has a boyfriend, you've been improving her mood latley", my mom says happily. The lump in my throat is gone.

Wait... she's HAPPY I have a boyfriend???

"And you're parents, who seem very nice, invited us to dinner tomorrow evening. I thought it would be a great way to spend our Saturday night!", my mom squeals in excitment.

"Okay", Jake and I say at the exact same time.

"Is this your house?", my mom asks, pulling into Jake's driveway.

"I'll see you at dinner tomorrow", Jake says, going for a kiss, but he realizes my mom is watching, and hops out of the van. 

He waves good-bye, and we pull out of his driveway to go home.

"He's cute!", my mom squeals again.

"Shut up", I joke, blushing at the fact that he was SUPER cute. <3

"What? You guys are SO adorable!", she screams in excitment.

"Okay, so mabey he is cute...", I blush again.

"I have the PERFECT dress for tomorrow night", my mom says.

"Alright...", I respond, anxious to see the dress.

I can't wait till tomorrow night.