15

Sean's POV:

Today is a day off of work, so it's going to be a relaxing one. It's also the day that Atlas told me he's going to see his mom and sisters and tell them about his sexuality and what happened at his wedding. Well, I don't know if I can call it a wedding because it failed so hard, but that's not really my business anyway.

Miles and Calin are out on a date as official boyfriends, and I have found that I'm growing more and more jealous of their official relationship. For the last couple of months, Atlas and I have been going on dates, kissing, and he's spent the night a few times and I've stayed at his place. It was never anything sexual, but we would cuddle and be intimate like a real couple would.

I want to pop the question, to ask him to officially be my boyfriend, but I also worry that it's too far for him. Atlas has only just discovered his sexuality and is clearly still trying to figure out his comfortability level, so I don't know if dating is too far. Then again, most people don't kiss and go on public dates and stay at each other's houses at night just to call each other friends.

I really like Atlas, and I want what we have going to stay for a while.

Bailey and Toast are with Miles and Calin, since both of them walk on a leash. It's weird because Toast is a finicky little cat but she loves to go on walks with Bailey and Miles. Anyway, the two just went on a walk in the park and plan on getting lunch, so the animals get to go with them.

I'm starving because I got up at noon and I haven't eaten yet because I don't take care of myself when Miles isn't here, so I need food. There's a lot of leftovers, as always, but I'm feeling DoorDash honestly.

Chicken wings sound bomb right now and I don't have those as leftovers. Even if I did, heating them up would be bad because I don't have an air fryer and they'd be soggy coming from the microwave.

Another reason to date Atlas!

He has an air fryer and makes the best air fryer s'mores. We made them last week when we were watching the Sandlot and both of us started to crave s'mores.

I settle on Wingstop and order my food before I sit down on the couch and turn on the news. Well, the news comes on because Miles was watching it last, but I change it to Cartoon Network. What kind of adult doesn't like cartoons?

I really hope Atlas' lunch goes well with his family; I'd really hate for what happened to me to happen to him, because your family kicking you out and pushing you away for your sexuality is fucking shit. It put me on the wrong path just to make money, and I'm worried that it would just be another blow to Atlas with everything he had to deal with in the last few months of knowing him.

The doorbell rings and I open it to take my wings, but it's not my DoorDash guy.

"Can I help you?" I bitterly ask Veronica.

I have no clue why she's at my apartment because she has beef with Atlas, but I don't want this white trash abusive bitch at my door.

"Yes," Veronica says, pushing me inside and pulling a gun out of her purse.

She looks like shit; bloodshot eyes, greasy, knotted hair, and her makeup is only half done and super caked on the side she tried to do. Of course, the most unsettling thing is that she's pointing a gun at me and looks extremely emotionless right now.

"What the fuck?!" I exclaim, trying to back up but stopping when she yells at me to stop moving. I don't want to piss off the person who could fucking murder me right now!

"Stay right where you are," Veronica says, her voice scratchy. "You're the fag that Atlas left me for?"

"Technically we met after he ditched you at the altar."