Chapter One

Date: July 7th 19076:43 p

Date: July 7th 1907
6:43 p.m

"It's not like you have a word in this. Your parents said that you have to go whether you like it or not." My best friend also known as my partner in crime told me. I was ignoring what he was saying and continued reading the book that was between my hands. It was the play of William Shakespeare's masterpiece 'Romeo and Juliet.'

"Jungkook listen to me please. They want what's best for you." Taehyung said almost as if he was begging me to give him attention. I said "You listen to me. I started to write because I love it not to get famous. I mean it's a good thing don't get me wrong but I don't want to go to a party just to get my name out there."

"You're already known-" I cut him off mid sentence "Exactly! You just said it yourself. Literally everyone knows who I am so why would I go to a stupid and immature party just for attention. I'm happy where I am now. I don't need every single person to know who I am."

Taehyung groaned loudly. I knew that he was frustrated but it wasn't my fault that he kept trying to convince me when he knew that it was no use. He sat next to me on the stone step that was beside a big statue. It was in our backyard. Yes my family were rich but that didn't mean that I shouldn't have a job. They wanted me to have a good career like typical parents they wanted me to be a doctor or a lawyer but I went the opposite direction of that path and chose to be a writer.

I begged them to give me a chance to prove to them that I'll get to a good place with this career and they did, only one chance. Little did they know that I already published books for years but under a different name. I don't mean to brag about it but I was kinda well known. When they told me that they'll give me a chance I confessed what I did but I didn't get the reaction I expected. They were proud of me. After that I changed the name I was using to my real name.

"Let's just go this time. I won't annoy you next time. This is the last time I'll ask you to go." He whined. "Oh now I get it. It's because you want to go and see pretty girls but you don't want to sit all alone there." I said after realization hit me. He shifted a bit from his spot and I sat up properly. He cleared his throat and said "No it's because your parents told me to talk to you." I kept looking at him and smirked when I saw him avoiding eye contact with me. "Alright alright and to see pretty girls." He finally admitted.

"Yes that's the Taehyung I know." I laughed because of his reaction. He punched my shoulder playfully and said "Stop being annoying." I chuckled as I stood up. "Where are you going?" He asked me as he was looking up at me. "Getting ready for the party. We have to leave in like thirty minutes." I said and almost immediately Taehyung stood up and said "Let's party!"

Taehyung had a bubbly personality and free spirit you can say but he had secrets and I knew it. I knew about his life and family but he was quite cautious about a few things and I wasn't that kind of person who liked to bug and force people to tell me what was on their mind. The only thing I was sure about was that Taehyung was my best friend or even like a brother to me.